"That is, if old age doesn't get you first." Aaron bit back, smiling sweetly.

Well, if that didn't wipe the smile of my dads face.

He turned to Aaron, giving him a long look. He then turned to me.
"Who is this exactly?" He questioned.

"Dad, this is Aaron walker. He's my..."

My what?

A friend? Acquaintance? An enemy?

We have never discussed this. There would be times where me and Aaron could get on so easily. We could talk about just anything and laugh about anything. It didn't seem to matter. He seemed like a great friend then.

There would also be the times where me and Aaron would always have an awkward air around us. We would just sit in silence like that time in his bedroom or in his car. Those times I felt like he was just an acquaintance.

Then there would be the times where we couldn't stand each other. Where we would fight- he would call me uptight; I would call him man-whore. The times where I believed he was an enemy.

I don't suppose my dad would accept 'Hey, this is Aaron Walker. He is my friend/acquaintance/enemy depending on the time of the day and what mood we're in'.

"Alexis?" My dad called, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Well, he-" I said, but was interrupted by Aaron who spoke.

"Sir, I'm Aaron walker." He said, sticking his hand out which my dad hesitantly shook.

He then smirked, splaying his hands out yet again.
"And, I'd just like you to know that this tight-jeaned girl is your daughter's boyfriend."

I gaped, shocked. Why would he tell my father that? I wouldn't have been surprised if he said friend or acquaintance. Heck, I wouldn't have even twitched a muscle if he said enemy. I would have been prepared for that.

Boyfriend- Now, that shocked me.

It seemed to shock my dad too as he whirled his head around to me at lightening speed, silently asking me for confirmation.

I shifted uncomfortably. What was I supposed to say? I turned to glare at Aaron who was grinning profusely, obviously loving the tight position that I was placed in. He had always been the one to push my buttons yet this wasn't exactly the best timing. 

When he noticed my stare, his grin widened and he began towards me, putting his arm loosely around my waist. My dad stared intensely at every move.

"It's true, sir." Aaron said. He then turned to me, an unmistakeable smirk on his face.
"Tell him, sugar muffin." He cooed, pulling me in tighter by the waist.

My dad's eyebrows raised at the endearment and his stare reverted immediately back to me.
"Can you tell me what in God's name is going on?" He questioned, his tone firm yet frustrated.

I sighed. Maybe it was time to tell the truth. I mean, he is my dad and honesty is truly the best policy.

"Dad, this is Aaron." I said, gesturing towards the 6ft smirking male.

I sighed heavily and continued.
"Aaron is..."

********************

"Brenda! Brenda!" Dad called as he stormed inside.

Mom almost immediately came running down the stairs, regurgitating questions with every step.
"You're home?! What is it?! Why are you early?! Why are you shouting?!"

Dad stopped her mid riff, grasping her arm with a hand and hurried her down the stairs.
"Why was I unaware that my daughter had a boyfriend?" His voice boomed as he pointed towards Aaron who stood besides me at the doorway.