Bonus Chapter 26: False Pretenses

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

That makes sense." She spoke so softly and it was only then when she smiled that Justin felt himself unravel. The control he had tried to keep disappeared within a fraction of a second as he leaned forward swiftly, grabbing the back of her head gently and pressing his lips softly against her own.

If she opposed him, she didn't show it. Rather, it was the opposite. She tensed for a split second before her shoulders relaxed and she moved her lips against his own. If there even a slight nanometer of control left in Justin, it was destroyed immediately at her response and he buried his hand deep into her soft hair. His other hand rested against her cheek, tilting her face so he could have more of her- her heat and the sound of her breathing. He kissed her until all thought was forgotten, until her eyes had dried up and all she could smell was his icy scent.

Then suddenly, as though hit by a hot poker, she pushed at his chest, moving him away with wide eyes.

"Oh my g- we shouldn't have- I shouldn't have done that." She stuttered out through heavy breaths, and- just as he opened his mouth to speak- she quickly stood up and ran to the door.

Justin's POV from when he meets Raven first time after the kiss- Part 2

__________________________________

Yes, right now. Your conversation can wait, the birthday boy's in this game." She spoke with a giggle, dragging both him and Raven. This time, he conceded, allowing her to as he turned his cold eyes to look to Raven who was merely smiling as she was pulled. He decided, after this game, he would confront her.

He just hoped those green eyes wouldn't make him falter.

They made their way through the large corridor as Justin kept himself composed. For the most part, it was his anger that he was controlling. It was the anger at the fact that the girl, in front of him, had kissed him at the same time as being in a committed relationship with one of his best friends. He despised many things, but dishonesty was definitely on the top of that list. He didn't see a need nor care for it; it only complicated matters; broke trust and caused drifts. Honesty had always been his best policy and he felt anger that she was smiling so casually right now, no sense of remorse showing from her.

The other thing he had to compose was not anger, but a feeling he couldn't describe. She was so close right now, so much so that he could smell he yet again: the apple-scent to her hair and the sweet perfume that had haunted his senses for many of the following nights after they had met.

She was a nuisance.

"Found some stragglers who can help join the game!" Avalon spoke cheerily, her words being met by cheers as a group of 6, including Drake ushered them over.

"I knew Justin wouldn't disappoint me on my birthday!" Drake joked, the triangle birthday hat that he was childishly wearing sloping down into his left eye.

"Now, sit down!" Avalon chirped, pushing them down by their shoulders as she squeezed in between them. Even from this distance, Justin could smell her scent and it frustrated him. So, he placed focus as the group played Truth and Dare. It was a common game that occurred during the parties. Justin had taken part very rarely due to how raucous it could get, but how could he say no to Avalon? She was, in all essences, the person he cared for most. He would always prioritise her, there was no doubt about it.