Bonus Chapter 24: All For Lexi

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

It was Avalon.

She smiled at me with a perfect row of teeth before jutting a hand out at me.
"You must be Alexis. I've heard so much about you!" She exclaimed before sticking her hand in mine. Reluctantly, I shook her hand and I couldn't help but curse at how friendly she was.

Why couldn't she be a bitch?

Clearing my throat, I forced myself to utter the question that was currently plaguing my mind.
"Oh, thank you. What are you doing here?" I asked, but the smile remained on my face. I didn't want her to know I was upset.

She smiled at my question and opened her mouth to respond, but a voice interrupted her. A voice that I had become too familiar to.

"I asked her to come."

Aaron- he walked towards the door I watched as she patted his arm, making him smile at her.

Aaron's POV on why he had invited Avalon over

     __________________________________

A mixture of dread and anticipation.

That's what Aaron felt as he lay on his bed, eyes looking up thoughtlessly to the ceiling. Today was the day he was going to see her again after so long; today was the day that Lexi would be over for a movie night.

He clenched his hands by his side as he thought of the last time that he had seen her. It had been right after she had been discharged out of the hospital and he had been dropping her home. Back then, he had wanted to say something to her.

"We seriously need to talk." He said feeling tense.

"Before, when I was leaving you in that hospital, you said something..." He trailed off and he saw Lexi visibly stiffen instantly, knowing she knew what he was talking about. That day in the hospital when he had left her; the day she had uttered those false words.

"Aaron, wait! I love you."

Those words she had said to get him to stay: words she knew would affect him. It had been a lie that she had uttered so callously and he had to leave her, at that moment, to regain his sanity
She was all that consumed him, but she did not have a care to tell him of her illness; to confide in him with her miseries. No, all she did was hold him at arm's length and treated their relationship as what it was: a contractual agreement. It hurt him to think it, but he could see it now and it made him feel all the more solid on his decision.

He decided to not love her.

That wasn't to say he didn't love her; that was something he hadn't yet explored in all its entirety. But, he knew that loving her would only result in a hurt that he would not recover from. It was clear that she didn't feel strongly for him, so it would only damage his heart to pursue that which did not wish to be pursued.