Bonus Chapter 22: A Green-Eyed Girl

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

Justin sighed deeply at my words, his hold on my hand tightening only slightly before he let go. He turned his full gaze on me before managing a small smile. But, it was still undoubtedly breathtaking.

"I get that. I think I just care too much." He let out bluntly, not realising how much it made me smile. I nudged his arm affectionately.

"I think, I suffer from the same problem when it comes to you." I replied and he smiled at my words.

His eyes flitted to Savannah as she came to our side, greeting me with a tight hug. I smiled at the sight of them; despite their relationship ending, their friendship had only flourished in these past years. Given that Savannah didn't have a job at the moment, she spent much of her time volunteering at church. Justin worked as a chartered accountant and to say he excelled in his job was an understatement. Right now, they both were single, having broken up 3 years prior due to their differences, but were very amicable.

The reason why Justin and Savannah broke up.

___________________________

3 years before epilogue...

The typing from his laptop was all that sounded across the living room accompanied with only the sound of the clock ticking. He found he preferred it that way; he had always preferred it that way.

It had been 2 years since Justin had moved out of his dad's house and, now, at the age of 21, he had immersed himself fully into University, his accounting degree. It was exam season now and him and all his friends were fully focused in their studying. It had been probably a week ago when he had studied with Alexis and Mason in the library. It had more than 2 weeks since he had seen everyone else, however, even Danny and Aaron. That had been the longest they've all had without contact and, for once, he was glad that Aaron was having a party at the end of exam season to end the distance.

With that celebration as an incentive, Justin knew he should continue studying, but he couldn't help it as his grey eyes turned back to the white box on his kitchen counter, a red bow across the centre. Letting out a tired sigh, he turned back to his laptop, knowing he only had an hour's worth of work left before he was done.

Knock knock.

The sound arose and Justin spared a side glance to the door, knowing exactly who it was. He didn't waste another second as he stood, making his way to the door and opening it with one motion. Green, playful eyes met his dull grey.

"You called?" Raven teased, shrugging her coat off absent-mindedly and Justin only gave a dry look in response, gesturing to the box with a small gesture with his hand.

"Take it back." He said bluntly and Raven let out a scoff, shutting the door behind her as she waded inside.

"You're welcome." She muttered sarcastically and Justin sighed tiredly, following her in.

"I won't thank you for getting what I don't want." He answered honestly and Raven groaned loudly, flopping down on his sofa. Justin tensed slightly as she sat half on the throw pillows, but then she began speaking.

"Can you just let someone do something for you! It's just a birthday cake, for God's sake!" She voiced incredulously and Justin tensed yet again,  but this time for other reasons.