Chapter Nine: All Except One.

Start from the beginning

"You need to see the nurse," he said.

"I don't want to. She's gonna ask questions."

"I will answer them for you if you're nervous."

"You will?"

"Yeah."

"You're nice, Wyatt," I said, chuckling.

"I'm new here and I think you're my first friend. C'mon, Harley!"

He took my hand and we walked out of the playground together.

I woke up to see Samantha's soft face, her body facing me. She was still sleeping. We were sharing one pillow. I could feel her warm breath hit my face.

For some reason, I felt peaceful at the sight and I just kept staring. I was partly in awe at the fact that, despite not knowing me that well, she was willing to stay the night for me. I didn't ask for it, sure, but I really did appreciate it deep down.

And I would rather die before I admit it to her face, thereby boosting her big ego.

I wanted to see her eyes. I wanted to see the blue, the green, the specks of yellow and my reflection in between. My arm, which was limply around her waist, involuntarily tightened around her. She let out a little exhale and placed her hand on my arm, moving closer to me so that our waists touched and so did our chests.

I kept staring at her for quite a while. I felt that I'd have to confront things I didn't want to at the moment if I looked away. I felt. . . safe. Why do I feel so safe?

I stared at her lips. They were soft and naturally quite red. It wasn't too thick or too thin. It was perfectly in between. Her cheeks were slightly pink. The sunlight highlighted her features.

It felt nice to be inside the bed, the sheets covering us, warmth radiating off of each others' bodies. I didn't feel like getting up for atleast a few hours.

That's when her eyes slowly opened, one at a time. I locked eyes with her and she immediately smiled.

"Like what you see, Harley?" she teased.

"No, if anything, you look ugly in the morning and I was just wondering how you transform into the opposite during the day," I said, defending myself a little too quickly.

"Oh, so that's why we're cuddling right now?" She smirked.

"Oh, please." I rolled my eyes at her.

I let go of her waist and got up, stretching. I immediately missed the warmth.

"You can sleep in if you want. I'm going for a run."

"Hey, I wanna be fit, too!"

I looked back at her impassively.

"Come with me, then."

"But I'm too lazy," she said, and turned her back towards me.

"Come with me," I said, slightly smiling now.

"I wanna sleep!"

I smirked inwardly.

I pulled the sheets off of her and walked over to the other side of the bed. She groaned and buried her face in my pillow.

"Leave me alone!"

"Get the hell up!"

I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto me, so that her back was pressed up against my chest and one of my knees were bent at the edge of the bed. She was on her feet now. I wrapped my arms around her like I did last night.