I stopped at Marg room and held my ear against the door to listen. I heard the sounds of her snores coming from inside. I stood back from the door and close my eyes again focusing on the sounds that vibrated through the entire building. The quiet sounds of everyones sleep, I opened my eyes and smiled to myself.

I really liked the powers I've gained. Before I would never have imagined myself to wield such gifts but now that I have them, I wouldn't trade them for anything. The Midnight Blood has been the greatest gift of all. But even though it has helped me so much, I can't over due it. I need to learn control and focus on expanding my hearing, jumps and speeds I have obtained. I need to find some time alone to just focus.

My feet moved again along the wooden floors toward the media room. I opened the door and stepped in, the room is completely empty but cold. It's not an unbearable cold, it just sits in the air. I close the door behind me and head over to the desk first to grab a paper and pen. Then I head over to the computers and turn one on. I didn't really like relying on the internet for information but it's the only thing I have right now.

I went to the internet and the first thing that popped in my head was Midnight Blood so I typed it in the search box hoping that it gave me some type of info. The screen showed a bunch of pictures and books but nothing that I could use. I scrolled down and still nothing so I tried another search for Hybrid with Midnight Blood.

It showed one search and I clicked on it. It brought me to a website called Haven. The website read Hyrbids at the top, underneath listing all the different types of hybrids, what they do and the power they hold. I kept scrolling until I came across the passage about a girl who willed so much power, she was killed. My eyes scanned the entire passage and one word stuck out in all black caps.

Midnight Blood

I sat back in my chair. This was the girl I read about in that book, she was killed because she couldn't handle the power she had. Would that happen to me? She was hybrid and she was given the power like me, but why? Why did I have it?

I exited the internet and turned off the computer. I got out of my seat and walked over to the shelves for the book. The same book that I haven't touched in a while, my hands ached to open it to see what I'd find. So I picked it out of the crowd of other books around and I ran my hand over the cover.

The prints. The same pattern of design that are in the halls is the same as the ones on the front of the book, that's where I remember them from. But how?

I looked toward the door, no one came in and I was still the only person in the room before I turned back toward the book I was holding and I opened it. There was nothing on the first page but then a big gust of strong wind came out of nowhere and my hair was all over the place, my eyes shut tight and the pages of the book flipped but the book stayed in my hand. The the wind just stopped. And everything went back still again as I looked around the room, nothing. The door was still shut.

I look down at the book and words started to appear. Words that I had no clue of what they mean but something told me that I would need them. So I brung the book to the table and pulled the paper and pen out of my pocket to write them down as they appeared on the paper.

Dark power seeps through her skin
Awakening the goddess within
Powerful, twisted and so dark
Pain and sorrow awakened a spark
Dangerous to the touch
Lethal in the eyes,
Every full moon
Her power grew twice in size
Midnight was in her blood
And she was the only one
When this book disappeared
She knew her time was done