chapter 6

edwards pov
it's now the end of the first trimester and i've been bullied nonstop. it feels like everywhere i go i'm being tortured. i've started eating in the bathroom because no one goes in there at lunch. i haven't talked to hannah but i've seen her in the hallway.
i've noticed she doesn't have very many friends and usually walks alone while clutching her books and looking down. i've been dreaming about her a lot. i just need to find the nerve to talk to her.
i was taken out of my thoughts as i saw someone's torso in front of me. my head shot downwards because i knew it was eli.
"hey nerd. what's up?" eli asked as he smirked at me.
"n-nothing m-m-m-much.." i softly whispered.
"n-nothing m-m-m-much." he mocked as him and his friends laughed.
luckily enough, i was saved by the teacher when she told everyone to sit down. eli's in my grade so i'm in some of his classes.
as soon as class ended, i ran out of the classroom and to my locker. i was grabbing my stuff and was about to close it when i saw hannah walking towards me. i started to smile dorkily and she smiled back.
"hey edward! what's up?"
"hi hannah. nothing much. how have you been? you look beautiful." i face palmed myself as she giggled. i can't believe i called her beautiful right in front of her face. how embarrassing. she must hate me.
"i've been good. my parents have been arguing a lot though.." her smile started to fade and she began to slowly walk away.
"wait hannah!" she turned her head towards me and walked back.
"what?"
"you can stay at my house." i couldn't believe what i had just said but she looked so happy that i didn't want to make her sad again. she ran up to me and hugged me. i blushed but she didn't notice.
"where do you sit at lunch so we can talk more about this?" she asked. i looked down realizing i wasn't cool enough to sit in the cafeteria. she noticed i got nervous and said, "that's okay, just come to my table. but i have a question."
"what's your question?" i answered.
"what happened to your stutter?" i explained to her that i only stutter around people i'm scared of or when i meet someone new because i get really nervous. she smiled and walked away, leaving me to sprint to my class once again.

—- end of the day —-

i walked to hannah's  locker smiling. she talked to her mom at lunch and she said it was okay as long as there was no funny business. of course that wouldn't happen, so she got to come over. also, today just might be my lucky day because eli didn't bother me at all for the rest of the day. now it was just my brothers i am worried about..
i shook my thoughts out of my head as i approached hannah. she smiled and we walked to the doors to go meet my brothers.
"okay, they can get really annoying so just ignore them okay. and if the bully me, don't do anything about it. they'll just tease me more." i warned her. she nodded.
"don't worry, i have sisters. they don't bully me but they're really over protective so i kind of get it." i smiled and walked out the door.
i could see my brothers talking to all of there friends by eric's car.
"whos the girl?" was the first thing that was said as soon as we got to the car.
"t-t-this is u-uh my f-friend h-ha-hannah." i said looking down.
"well, hannah is fine as fuck!" eric said.
"w-what the f-fuck did y-you just s-s-say?" i asked angrily.
"you know what i said dork. do you have a problem with that?"
"y-ya i ki-kinda of f-fucking do!" i yelled.
"well what are you gonna do about it?" eric asked, stepping towards me.
"GUYS! eric, this edwards friend, treat her with respect! now break it up you two!" cole yelled. we both feel silent, knowing cole could do anything to us since he's older. "now get in the car and let's go home."
i put one earbud in and offered the other to hannah, which she gladly accepted. she got all happy when we listened to my playlist. turns out, we listen to the same kind of stuff.
we listened to music for the rest of the way home. once we got there, i got out and showed her a tour.
we sat in my room and talked for a little bit. i loved getting to know her, it's like we clicked automatically.
we were interrupted from our conversation when cole busted through the door.
"come on, we're going to our football game."
"c-can't we just s-s-st-stay here?" i asked.
"no way in hell am i leaving you and a girl home alone. now let's go." i turned to hannah and have her a sympathetic look which she just returned with a smile.
we got up and rode the school's football field.

once we got there, we sat in the visitors section. hannah is known by a lot of people but she knows i hate social interaction, so we sat there. the game was pretty uneventful, so me and hannah talked the whole time.
i didn't know if they won or lost, but i did know it was the end of the game.
we walked over to the home side and hannah started walking towards the bathrooms to wait for my brothers but i pulled her back, remembering that i got beat up last time i stood there.
i guided her over to the bleachers, since they were mostly cleared out. however, i still saw a few people that knew me so we decided to sit under the bleachers instead.
we laid down and and i pointed out all the contestations to her, since i study the stars.
as she was staring and gaping at them, i rolled my head over and looked at her. studied her and all of her beauty.
eventually, she rolled her head to look at me and smiled when she caught me staring. she blushed and shyly asked, "what?" as she giggled.
"i-i.... i was just thinking about how bad i want to kiss you right now.."
she looked at me and her head slowly started to move closer to mine. i closed my eyes and started to lean closer to her too...
"eughhhh!" i called out in pain as i rolled over while clinching my stomach.
i could tell that she sat up quickly and tried to get my on my back again.
i had the wind knocked out of me and when i got on my back and looked up, i saw eric evilly smirking at me while cole was laughing. i rolled my eyes and stood up all while reaching a hand out to hannah for her to stand up too.
"w-w-why'd you s-step u-uh on m-my stomach?" i questioned as i groaned in pain.
"well i wasn't gonna let my baby brother have his first kiss." eric cooed as he pinched my cheeks. i glared at him started walking towards the car.
we went to bed almost as soon as we got home, but i just laid down smiling at the ceiling because i couldn't stop thinking about tonight. hannah made me feel something i hadn't felt in a while.. almost hopeful that i could be something more than a nerd..

hey guys! i know i've been pretty busy but i really like this chapter! make sure to comment and vote on this story if you want me to continue you it. my motivation has been pretty low because it's kind of flopping :/