Chapter 64 - Relationship Status

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"And then four more years of College." She groans.

"Actually..." I trail on, my voice going up an octave.

"Wait, little miss perfect grades isn't going to College?" she gasps.

"No, of course I am. I'm just not going for four years. More towards...18 months." I say the last part quietly, but Kat still hears me.

"What kind of degree is only 18 months? And where do I sign up?" she asks seriously.

"I found this perfect College about an hour from here. They have courses in literally anything. If I get in, I can do my business degree and my performing arts degree in the section of dance. If I work extremely hard and focus on school, making sure I get high scores in the SAT's, I only have to go for 18 months to two years." I say happily.

"Why can't I be smart like you?" she pouts.

"You are smart, Kat, you just have to apply yourself and work hard." I say like it's obvious.

"But that takes effort." She groans.

"You are so lazy." I roll my eyes, earning a slap on the arm from Kat, the insane giggle bot.

***

"Dad!" I say happily running up to him and throwing my arms around his neck as he lifts me up and spins me a couple times.

"God I missed you." He hugs me tightly for a few seconds before letting me go.

"How was the tour?" I ask with a huge smile. I have my dad back. I don't have to say goodbye to him again. At least not for a while.

"It was great! Some Glambert's really wanted you to be onstage with me, but they understood. The band misses you like crazy." He laughs. Oh how I've missed that sound.

"Yeah, I've missed them as well. I'm just so glad you're home. And for real this time. Not just for a day." I say to him.

"Me too." He agrees.

"So tell me everything. Every little detail. What have I missed?" we move to the lounge and I try to think of what to tell him.

"So much has happened, but it feels like nothing has happened as well." I say with a weird thought process.

"How's school going?" he starts off.

"Really good. I only have a month left of year 11, and then my last year of high school. I've found an amazing College that I'm applying to, as well as some back-up ones. Kat still doesn't know what she's doing." I laugh and so does Adam, shaking his head.

"That girl." He chuckles.

"What about a certain British boy." He winks.

"Okay why are you and dad so interested in some guy that I'm not even interested in?" I ask curiously.

"Because I can tell that right now you are lying through your teeth." He raises an eyebrow and smirks. Sneaky bastard.

"Ok, fine. Things have happened. But not big things." I point out.

"Like what? Tell me everything." He says happily, as if he was hearing about some bitchy gossip from one of his Hollywood friends.

"Well Kat tricked me into going on a date with him. She dressed me up extremely nice, and told me that we were going out together to her uncle's restaurant. Turns out that her uncle really does own the place, but Alex asked her to empty it and get us a table. We talked for a while, but never made it to dinner. Things were said, not necessarily bad things, but I had to go." I sigh. Those weren't great times for us.