Chapter 55 - Exit Wounds

A/N: This chapter is dedicated (unfitting as it is) to a man I owe a lot to.

He made me laugh, he made me cry, and the loss of his beautiful soul is still devastating. I'm still mourning this incredible loss. I love you so so much Robin ❤️

R.I.P. Patch Adams, Mr Dobbs (and Mr President), Mrs Doubtfire, Genie, Dr. Know, Dr. Malcolm Sawyer, Joey O'Brien, Hector, and many MANY more!!

R.I.P Robin McLaurin Williams, we love you so much

-Em xo

Chapter 55:

"Hey dad?" I ask as I fall back onto the couch, next to him.

"Hey Darcy?" He imitates with a smirk and I roll my eyes.

"You have connections in the music industry, yeah?" I hope.

"I guess so, just depends what kind of connections. Why?" He asks sceptically.

"I've been thinking a lot lately, and after hearing Broken Girl at the concert, I realised that there is so much I can do to help speak out for people like me." I shrug.

"I'm proud of you, Darc. The fact you're thinking about others after all that you've been through, really shows how mature and brave you are. But what exactly are you asking?"

"I've written a song, and it's good...I think. I want to make a music video, and if it's successful, I want all the proceeds to go to an organisation that helps men and women that are victims of molestation, abuse, and even rape. I know it sounds crazy, but-"

"No, it's not crazy. It's perfect. I thought you didn't want to be a singer though?" He questions with a curious gaze in my direction.

"I don't. But I feel that if I can get my message across, it can help a lot of people. I'm a hypocrite, but I don't want anyone taking their own life because of something someone else did. So, is there any way we can make this happen?" I know it's a long shot, and it's a big thing to ask, but I feel like I'm finally comfortable with getting my message out there.

I just want to help people, to teach them that you can come back from the darkness and welcome the light back into your life. I'm starting to, and I know that it's possible for everyone to. No matter how much you think it's not possible, impossibilities don't really exist. I've slowly learnt that.

"I promise I will do everything in my power to make this happen, because you're right. No one should lose their loved ones at the hand of others, let alone themselves."

****

I'm so nervous. It's been a couple days and funnily enough, the organisation the music video proceeds are going to has helped set everything up. Once you tell people what it's for, and they hear the song, so many are willing to give it a go.

I've decided that I'm going to put my best foot forward and not just sing, but dance as well. The whole thing will mainly consist of victims silently speaking up in the clip, as well as dancing with me. It's going to be amazing, I'm already proud of it, and we haven't even started.

"Okay, places everybody!" The director calls and the make-up artists finish up with everyone.

We're starting off with the dancing portions, and we are all in black dance shorts and skin coloured stockings, and long sleeved black tops.

I've worked everything out, and taken a lot of Adam and the directors decisions into consideration. The director is amazing and actually directed Never Close Our eyes. He suggested that throughout the whole thing, I slowly show my scars, until all can be seen and I'm basically just in my bra and underwear.