45

Days had passed and slowly everyone had started to wear out from the long nights of drinking. Kappy ended up staying at the lake house and although at first it bothered me, i got over it. After the night at the club, Mason was seeming a bit off but the guys told me not to worry to much about it, but when he stopped talking to me or even looking at me, I started to get really concerned. The guys were out by the lake and Mason was sitting on the sofa so I took this as my opportunity to see what was really going on. He looked up from his Nintendo switch and i smiled at him, sitting down next to him.

"What's going on? You've hardly spoke to me since that night after the club and its kind of bumming me out, I'm not gonna lie." I said and he sighed and placed him game to the side.

"The next morning, I woke up to your bedroom door opening and that cunt you were dating was standing in the doorway. Anyways, he sees us and angrily leaves so I get up and go after him to explain what happened. Normally I wouldn't have given a fuck but I didn't want him to jump to conclusions. So, when we finally start talking, he starts mouthing off and I just told him I'd just not talk to you." He said and I just shook my head.

"I'm sorry about him." i said and Mason just shook his head.

"Nah, you shouldn't have to apologise. But that fucker really loves you, Daisy. He fucked up really bad, but he genuinely loves you." He said and I smiled sadly and nodded. Slowly the day came to an end and Auston, Hainsey, Trevor and Patty did their best to make a fire out at the fire pit, when they emerged victorious, the guys all crowded around the fire and when I saw Kappy making his way towards the path, I followed in pursuit.

"Can we talk?" I asked jogging up beside him and he looked at me. "We can walk and talk?" I asked and he nodded. We walked into silence for a few moments, making our way up to the side of the house, taking a bath way that led back to the lake but a bit further on. "Nothing happened between Mason and I that night after the bar. He was really really drunk and a bit upset so I took him home, I stayed with him because he asked." I said and Kappy sighed, stopping and looking at me.

"That night with that girl was an accident. I was telling her about you and I told her you went off to Melbourne and were road tripping at that moment with Mo, then she started filling my head with all these ideas that you were cheating on me and I was so drunk I was just getting so upset. Then she kissed me and eventually, when the realisation hit me, I pushed her off. I couldn't bring myself to tell you, but when I seen that article, I knew I was so screwed." He said and I just sighed.

"I should have talked to you but I was so hurt, I felt so betrayed. I didn't even want to look at you. But, I should have let you explain what happened, it was only fair." I said and we began walking again. "But, you shouldn't have yelled at Mason that morning, even if we had spent the night together it wouldn't have matter. We were broken up." I said and Kappy stopped on the spot and I stopped just a bit away from him after realising he wasn't following me.

"Were broken up?" He asked with a smirk and I shook my head and rolled my eyes, holding out my hand for him to take. Like an excited puppy, he jogged up to me, taking my hand and pulling me into him, hugging me tightly while we stood just by the lake, wrapped in each other's arms.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and he shook his head, pulling away and taking my face in his hands.

"No, I'm sorry." He said and I just smiled at him gently. I placed my hand on the back of his neck and guided his lips onto my own. We stood like that for a few minutes, kissing in the moonlight, until he started shivering and we decided to head back, hand in hand along the beach.

"Thank god, my power couple are back together." Mitch said as we got closer to the group and I just chuckled. Kappy took a seat next to Mason and I sat on the sand in front of him and in front of the fire. I looked up at Mason who was smiling.

"I'm glad you two are back together, means I don't have to put up with your fucking crying cunt." He said and I just rolled my eyes and punched his leg. We spent the rest of the night talking and laughing, this was the last night the misfits were going to be here so everyone got pretty hammered, so much that Tyler and Mason ended up in the lake and then huddled in front of the fire inside literally freezing cold. At the end of the night, the fire was dying out and some people retired to their rooms while some of the guys stayed out till the sunrise. Kappy and I made our way back to my room and climbed into bed.

"I missed you." I whispered and he smoothed down my hair, placing a kiss to the top of my head.

"I missed you too." He whispered back and I just looked up at him. He kissed me passionately and when he pulled away, whispered I love you each time.

***

YEETTTTTT

hi guys, so at the time I'm uploading this, I've also uploaded to my hockey blog on tumblr ;)))) so if you'd like to go give that a like and a share to that would be fantastic. I hope you like this chapter and I'm sorry for the lack of chapters, I've been busy lately and my mental health as been kicking my ass so I haven't been writing as much.

Love you all 💛