20

I rolled my eyes as Mitch danced around the cafe as if he was a ballerina. People stared in confusion at the rather excitable guy, while I held back a chuckle as we waited on our coffee. It had been a few weeks since my birthday and nothing had really happened, well nothing except that Kappy and I had been spending most days together. The guys hadn't noticed our advances towards each other and quite frankly it was fun being so secretive. We were playing the Bruins tonight and I of course was ecstatic, but I wanted to keep it as professional as possible, but everyone knew I'd be spending most of the time in the box.

"I forgot to tell you, after you left training yesterday, we all talked about going on holiday in the off season to Hawaii for a week or so. So you're obviously coming." Mitch said as we climbed into my truck and I just shrugged and nodded with a smile.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world obviously." I said and he just smiled and nodded, turning up the radio full blast. We drove back to my place with coffees in hands and the music full blast, when we pulled up to my place, I noticed the door wide open. A sense of panic rushed over me as I looked at Mitch with wide eyes.

"Does anyone else have a key to your place?" He asked and I shook my head quickly, the only person who had a key to my place was Mitch and he was with me. "Okay, wait a second." He said pulling out his phone and calling someone. "Hey, we think someone's broke into Daisy's house, the doors wide open, we're going to go in." Mitch said down the phone and him and whoever was at the other end talked for a few moments before hanging up. We both climbed out of the car and I swallowed the lump in my throat as we walked towards my house, opening the door wider to reveal a mess on the floor.

"Oh my god." I whispered as I looked at the shattered photos of the floor and the shattered fruit bowl. I quickly made my way into the living room to see my tv on the floor and my play station gone. I ran upstairs, throwing open my bedroom door to see my room completely destroyed. I quickly made my way to bottom drawer of my bed side cabinet to see it wide open and my jewellery box gone, tears started to fall as I made my way back downstairs.

"I cannot believe this is happening." I sobbed, drying my eyes as Mitch looked around in shock. He pulled me into a hug as I heard voices outside get closer to the house and Auston, Will, Kappy and Hyms make their way into the house, looking around in shock.

***

I played hard, emotions over powering me as I took to the ice. I wish I could enjoy beating The Bruins, but I couldn't, my house still in the back of my mind. I dreaded the thought of having to go home, the police had already searched the whole of my house, but realistically there was nothing they could do. I quickly skated past Chara, stealing the puck from him and making a play towards the net, I passed it off to Hainsey so I could get a clear shot of the net and when I did, he passed it back to me and I knocked it into the net. The guys all cheered but I didn't smile, I just carried on.

"Aw come on Daisy, give us a smile!" Marchand called from a bit away from me and I didn't give him the light of day at first. "Come on kid, show these guys what you're made off." He said knocking my shoulder and never in my life had so turned around so fast, before I could even think about what I was doing, my fist collided with his face and he was knocked to the ground.

"If you stopped running that big mouth of yours, maybe you wouldn't get yourself in these situations. At this point your just gagging for someone to beat your ass." I spat as the refs pulled me towards the box, pushing me in as I shut the door. I sighed as I fell back on the bench and grabbed a towel, drying my face as I watched the clock countdown my minutes. When I skated out of box, I quickly got back into play before making my way off of the ice to get a telling off from Babs, which I blew off and sat away from him.

"You good, Daisy?" Patty asked and I just shrugged and nodded. He hit my shoulder with his and I just smiled fakely. Kappy sat down next to me and knocked his helmet against mine, making me look at him.

"You can stay at mines tonight. Going back to yours is off the table." He said seriously and I just nodded and smiled, hitting my helmet against his before making my way over the board and back into play. Marchand left me alone for the rest of the game and when we shook hands and I apologised, I shouldn't have hit him but sometimes, I just really fucking hate him. When I made my way to the changing rooms, I was hoping the media would just leave me alone, but they were first to me again.

"We're sorry about what happened to your house, Daisy." One of the media guys said and I just smiled and nodded.

"It's no ones fault, some people are just evil. I'm hoping there's some way we could catch the guy, he took a pretty sentimental thing and I'd like it back." I said with a sad smile and the media decided to move on which I thanked them for. As I got ready to leave, I couldn't help but let my mind wander to what life would be like if i has decided to stay in Dallas.