5

The first game of the season was only hours away and I was having a melt down to Tyler on the phone. I wasn't nervous about the game, I was more nervous about Kappy. Ever since the other day in the changing room, anytime I was around him he'd stare at me as if I was the shit on his shoe. We were playing against the Capitals and I was excited about that, I had actually hung out with most of the Washington team on a very strange turn of events when I was in Washington in the summer.

"Daisy, you gotta stop worrying so much. It's not like he's gonna beat you up, your on the same team. He's obviously just got some dumb issues about the situation that are stupid, but that's just his point of view. Give him a while and I'm sure he'll come around, we all did." Tyler said and I just sighed and nodded.

"Yeah you're right. He can't hate me for the whole season." I said and Tyler just chuckled. I groaned and laid on my sofa, staring up at the ceiling. "I miss you. Mitch has taken the place beside me in the changing rooms and although that's not to bad, it's still not the same as having you next to me." I said and cringed at how cringy I was.

"Yeah I miss you too. Everything seems so different, I miss the way you smell the most thought, that sounds creepy but you always managed to make the changing rooms smell at least a little better." Tyler said and I just laughed. The sound of the doorbell made me get up from the sofa and walk towards the door, I opened it to see Auston standing with a smile and I held my finger up signalling to give me a second.

"Hey Ty, I've gotta go. I'll talk to you later." I said and he groaned, making me smile wide.

"Good luck, Daisy. Do me proud. Love you." He said and butterflied erupted in my stomach as I smiled.

"Yeah I love you too, Ty." I said and we hung up the phone. I quickly pushed it into my pocket and turned to see Auston standing with a smirk. "Not a word to anyone." I said turning him around and pushing him out of the door as I grabbed my bag and locked up behind me. He walked to the car with his hands up and I just rolled my eyes.

"Hey, I didn't hear anything." He said and I just smirked as we climbed into his car. He was wearing a blue suit while I was wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a yellow blouse which was styled so it was oversized. Something that Harry Styles would most definitely wear. This was kind of my go to look when it came to entering into the arena's. I did a photo shoot with vogue once and this is what they dressed me like so I kinda kept the look. All of the guys were there by the time Auston and I pulled up.

"Never thought I'd see you in person in an outfit like this, thought it was only for the cover of vogue." Mitch said dramatically and I slapped him over the back of the head, earning a few laughs from some of the guys. When my gaze landed on Kappy, he was staring down at his phone. He was wearing a green suit and it complimented him pretty well, I quickly averted my gaze as his landed on me.

We all made our way into the changing rooms and Babs made a big speech about Team spirit before we took to the ice for warm ups. When I was on the ice I felt at home, it was if all worried about Kappy or the game was lifted and I was comfortable. I was always comfortable.

"Hey Daisy! You up for lunch before I leave tomorrow!" Tom Wilson yelled over from their side of the ice and I held my thumbs up as an answer. Some of the Caps guys laughed and some of my guys laughed. I'd known Tom for years. He was older than me but we both grew up in Toronto and our family's knew each other. After warm ups we all made our way back to the changing rooms and Auston's decided to make a team speech before we took out to the ice again.

"It's the start of a new season guys." Auston said, quickly looking at me but I just smiled and nodded. "We've gotta come back this year stronger, harder and with more passion and determination. We've gotta fucking work this year for the Stanley cup and we're going to, because we have what no other team has." Auston said and looked at me. "Daisy Brown." He said and I just smiled and shook my head. The guys all cheered and we hyped each other up. I placed my helmet on my head and popped my mouth guard into mouth before taking to the ice. My superstition was that I had to be last on the ice at home games, Tyler's were always that he had to be off ice last.

The game was easy, Caps must have been rusty because they did not play to the best of their ability which gave us the upper hand completely. Only once did I end up on the floor and Oshie got a penalty for it, which he held up his hands to. In the end we won 2 points up from their 2. It was a good win and I managed to score one of the goals and I assisted on 2 of them, one being Mitch's and the other being Tavs.

"When they said she could play good, I didn't think they meant like that." I heard Will whispered to Auston as we got to the changing rooms and I just smirked and looked at Mitch who was almost smirking.