6

It as far to early and I was seriously lacking the energy for anything. We were on a flight to Chicago and although I was excited, I couldn't help but just want to sleep. I was pretty good friends with Kane's and Toews after an argument we had over the media about grapes. Kaner called me out on eating grapes during an interview, I called him and Toews out for being grape haters and then we spent the next 3 weeks arguing over the media. It was all fun and games and made for a great time when I played them in the middle of last year. After we won I bought them both a big basket of grapes each.

"I don't understand how you sleep so much." Will said and I just huffed making him chuckle as looked down at his phone again. I had my head rested on his shoulder since Mitch had moved to talk to Auston, but Will was far more comfier anyways. When we landed and got to our hotel I crashed again, knowing we had practice in a bit but I literally couldn't care less. My roommate was Travis so I was pretty happy because he was funny and a pretty good guy.

"Have you spoke to Kappy at all since you got to Toronto?" Travis asked throwing his bag on the bed and immediately taking a bottle of water from the mini fridge and I just shook my head, my eyes still closed.

"Nope. I'm kind of scared of him, like I have no idea why he hates me so much, Well I mean I do, but I just don't get it." I said and opened my eyes, Travis took a drink and then sat his water to the side and shrugged. I sighed and lay there for a bit before finally getting up and grabbing some fresh clothes.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat, care to join?" Travis asked and I thought for a second before shaking my head and deciding to go for a shower to make me wake up a bit.

"Nah I'm gonna go shower, think Will was hungry though so you could always ask him." I said and Travis just nodded, grabbing his jacket and making his way out of the day room. I made my way into the bathroom and grabbed a towel, turning on the water for it to heat up as I stripped off. I was gonna shower later after practice but I just really needed a shower. I sighed in content as I stepped under the warm water, the feeling of the water calmed me down as i tried to think of the positives since coming to Toronto and there was a lot, I've got along with most of the guys pretty well, I can play well with them, we've won the first game of the season. The only negative was Kappy and his random hatred for me.

I sighed and got out of the shower once i was done, walking out into the bedroom to shut the curtains and get dressed. I hadn't slept much last night which made for a probably sloppy practice, I was still getting used to sleeping alone, most times Tyler would either be staying at mine or I'd be staying at his. I grabbed my phone and looked over my lockscreen, it was a picture from the start of summer. I was on Tyler's back and we were standing on a beach in Hawaii, the sun was slowly setting behind us, I hadn't been that happy in my life.

"Hey Trav-" Someone said as the hotel room door swung open, I quickly turned around wide eyed as I covered my body with my towel my gaze landed on Kappy who stood wide eyed at the door.

"What the fuck! How did you get in here?" I yelled as I fastened the towel around my body and he just rolled his eyes, sitting our room key card down on the table.

"Travis must have left the key card in the door. Don't worry, I didn't see anything." He said in a sarcastic nature holding up his hands as I rolled my eyes. We were silent for a few seconds before my emotions got the best of me.

"What's you problem with me being on the team?" I asked harshly and he shot his gaze in my direction. "I mean c'mon man, its the twentieth century, you seriously can't be annoyed that I'm a girl playing in the NHL." I said rolling my eyes and Kappy just scoffed.

" Girls like you don't deserve a place in the NHL." He said as if it was nothing, I stared after him in shock, even after the door had shut and I was the only one left in the room. Tears brimmed in my eyes as I sat back on the bed, somehow feeling defeated by his words. I took a deep breathe and got dressed, tears silently ran down my face as I tried my best not to think about Kappy's words.

"Hey, Daisy. I left the key in the door and wasn't sure if you were here so i- are you okay?" Travis asked shutting the door behind him and looking at me carefully. I wiped my eyes and nodded but he just shook his head and sat down next to me. "What's wrong?" He asked me and I just sighed and sat up straighter.

"Kappy came in because you left the key in the door, he made it pretty clear he didn't like me. Sometimes, it gets tiring having people hate you over the simple fact that I'm a woman playing something that's perceived as a mans sport. But so many woman play hockey, so many. I've been playing hockey since I could walk, I've been apart of the NHL for a year, yet sometimes I sit and wonder why I'm doing this if it hurts so much." I said, wiping away tears that spilled onto my cheeks and Travis just shook his head,before I could stop him leaving the room, he was already out of the door, letting it slam loudly behind him. I swallowed harshly and shook my head, tears still falling quickly.