22

April seemed to come quickly after what happened with my home, nothing much changed, except I moved and my necklace hadn't showed up yet, part of me still hoped it would come back. We were in the first game of the first round of the playoffs and although I was happy, the thought of seeing Marchand's dumb ass for the next seven games, made me want to die. But I jut held onto the thought of beating the bruins. We were in the changing rooms when Babs walked in with Dubas and a grinning Mitch by his side.

We had been on a 7 game winning streak and I got a lot of the hype for it, I scored quite a few games and lets just say I loved the feeling. I took a bit of responsibility for the team and the guys didn't have anything to say about it, they just let me take control. Kappy assured me that the guys enjoyed having me as a leader, which was nice. I looked over to Kappy who was smiling at me already and I just looked at him confused and he made his way to my side as Mike started talking.

"Today is the start of a long battle and with the way you guys have been playing, I think we could have a pretty good chance at bringing the cup home this year. But I'm not going to be giving you your game speech today." Babs said and looked at me with a smile as Dubas started speaking.

"For a while we've been without a Captain, but when Daisy showed up, the space was immediately filled. Although we had a few problems at the start of the year." Dubas said looking at Kappy as everyone else did also. He just held his hands up in surrender before throwing an arm around my shoulder. "Quickly Daisy became a leader of this team, that's why, we've decided to officially make Daisy team Captain." He finished and I looked at him in shock. The guys all cheered as I just looked around, not sure how to respond to this news. I shook Mike and Dubas's hands, before Mitch pulled me into a hug, handing me my Jersey.

"Team speech!" Travs yelled cupping his hands around his mouth and I chuckled, humbled to have been chosen for such an important job.

"Okay, well first off, I just want to thank you guys, you accepted me the second I met you all, I didn't have to fight for my right to be here... much." I said and Kappy glanced down but I smiled at him gently and carried on. "Second, we're here, we are in the Playoffs and there is no way in hell I am letting the Bruins beat us. We've got to fucking focus and keep to the game plan, this about out tactics. We have to go out there and fucking destroy them and nothing less. You guys got it?" I asked and everyone agreed and I just nodded, pulling my jersey over my head. "Well let's fucking kick some ass!" I yelled into the changing rooms and the guys all jumped to their feet. When we took to the ice, Toronto seemed to light up, the whole stadium erupted in cheers and I choked back the lump in my throat as I stood proud.

"That C looks 10x better on you that it would look on any of us." Kappy whispered looking at me and I just smirked and nudged his arm before the National anthem was sung. It was my first playoffs and I was determined we were going to win that cup, so I stayed away from Marchand unless he had the puck. Will, Mitchy and I worked hard in the first two periods, in the last Auston did the dirty work with a lot of help from Patty. In the end we won the game 4-2 and I was really proud of my guys and the way we had played.

"Pasta was really going for it." Freddie said flopping back on his bench and I just smiled and looked at him.

"You did amazing. You all did amazing, we've just gotta keep that up for the next few weeks." I said eyeing everyone who nodded. Once we were all dressed and the media swarmed me about my new Captain ship. I tiredly waited for Kappy who was coming back to mine.

"C'mon then you little devil." He said and I rolled my eyes as he threw an arm around my shoulder and we made our way to my car. Kappy climbed into the drivers seat and I was thankful I didn't have to drive. "Daisy." He said quietly and I turned to him, he was staring at the steering wheel. "I've been thinking a lot about the way I treated you when you first got here." He said and as I was about to speak but he kept going. "I was a shitty person for treating you like that, you needed a place to feel happy. It must have been difficult leaving someone you love and a whole team. We all do it, but it's different when you really love someone and you have to give up on that, because you know it's what's best. So I'm sorry for treating you like shit, that wasn't very team player of me." He said and I placed a hand on his hand which was laid on his thigh, he looked at me and I smiled at him gently.

"Kappy, you are allowed to have your opinions. It was really hard for me to fully settle down, knowing you didn't like me. But look at us now. People and things develop, we're not in that situation anymore. We're here, right now." I whispered and he looked over my face for a second before gently resting his hands on my cheek, grazing his thumb just under my eye. I smiled at him and leaned forward, resting my forehead against his.

"These moments mean more and more every time we have them and it's starting to scare me." Kappy whispered and I closed my eyes, a feeling of guilt rushing over me, but before I could pull away, his lips were on mine and I couldn't help but melt into the soft kiss.