48 - Conversations

Di'Angelo's sword was gripped in his hand, he whipped it around in a show of dominance and rested it over his shoulder. "I take it I'm no longer talking to the captain."

Leo stood, his body hunched over, crimson red blood dripping from his wound. "Who are you?" His eyes narrowed in annoyance and confusion.

"Names Di'Angelo. But my friends call me Nico."

Zhang sat staring from the bushes. "No one calls you Nico because you have no friends." He remains unseen.

Rafael stood directly behind Nico, staring at the back of his head. Both him and Leo were hurt. Whoever this man was, he had the upper hand. "Humans." He muttered.

"Singular." Nico's head turned slightly to speak to Rafael. "He's not human anymore. I'm the only human here."

Rafael paused.

In a mocking tone he started to laugh, anger dripping from his lips. Leo's hand was pressed against his side. "Care to introduce your friend?" He was talking to Nico.

"No actually." Nico smirked.

"I'm not his friend." Rafael sneered.

Leo snapped. A gravelly sound echoed from his throat. "I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU!!" He barred his teeth, rows of sharpened enamel traveling down his throat and into his esophagus. An unsettling site for a Merman and a Captain.

Nico fully turned toward Rafael. "Why are you here fishboy?"

Rafael froze at the insult. "Excuse me?"

Nico rolled his eyes. "You're being a pest. Getting in my way. Let the adults fight it out and you go play with the others."

Rafael stood upright. "How dare you-" His sentence was cut short. Blood poured out uncontrollably from the wound in his neck. His throat was slashed opened. He choked, thick blood coating his tongue. His regeneration ability wasn't working, the healing properties of his people ceased to do their job.

Nico stared coldly as Rafael dropped to his knees. Nico closed his eyes. His head rocked slowly back and forth as if in deep thought. "Prince of the Merpeople, pride of your father." Nico turned his face to the sky. "Perseus... Percy... Your friend. He killed your father because he woke the demon, the Soul Eater, that resided in the arrowhead." Nico's fingers tapped against his thigh. "Your father wanted Revocatus, so did Percy, so did you."

Nico opened his eyes, "Rest in peace young prince."

Rafael laid on the the ground. Dead.

☠️

Just watch me kill everyone and end the story.
Haha just kidding ...unless?

Also just wait, Nico is about to get (at least) twice as cool.