28 | Recalled to Life

He was lighter than he should have been.

Annabeth hooked her arms under Leo's shoulders and dragged him up on the shore where she finally collapsed in a heap on the sand. She didn't know how long the storm had lasted, or if there had even been a storm at all. Everything seemed like a far off dream.

But one very real fact, is that she was on an island with a dying captain at her side. She had checked his pulse twice, yet the heartbeat was still faint. A bad sign on a seemingly deserted island.

She checked it again, pressing two fingers against his neck. Her clothes were torn and her body shook from stress. The only sign of their beloved ship was a few broken shafts of wood floating on the water, memories that filled Annabeth with dread.

Annabeth was sure this island was the Isle of the Lost, home to Revocatus, a word she had heard used by the dark spirit possessing Leo.

She laid on the sand, brushing the sweat out of her eyes, trying to recall something the spirit had said. "Recalled to Life" was what it had uttered.

Then suddenly the Hellsing popped into her mind. She was sure it had gone down with them, sinking into the churning ocean. Annabeth suddenly sat up. The open beach was definitely not the place to be if she ran into any enemies.

She grabbed Leo's arm and started dragging him down the beach with the strength she had left, and headed to the central forest. Leo was muttering strings of words, none of which Annabeth could make out, until he said, "They're here."

Annabeth froze and turned her head to the unconscious captain. But he just laid there, unmoving and silent as the grave.

Don't worry the Stolls are coming soon. ;)

What do you guys think Recalled to Life means??