Chapter 28 ~ Reunion

Start from the beginning

You sat down on the couch in boredom, not knowing what to say or how exactly to feel right now. You were glad that someone finally saved you, yes, but it didn't quite feel like you were actually saved. It didn't feel like you needed to be saved, seeing as these villainous skeletons started to slowly become nicer towards you. Maybe they would've let you go if you just had asked to see someone again.

"Is something wrong?"

Startled by a familiar voice, you looked up to meet the gaze of what seemed like Sans with fluffy ear warmers. "You seem a lil' down, kid", he continued. Once you realized that this must have been the Sans from Haventale, you shook you head.

"N-Nothing to worry about, r-really-" "Don't lie to me," he cut you off with a small frown, "you clearly have something on your mind. And I'd like to know what's bothering you, unless you don't want to talk 'bout it. That's fine too."

You never were the type to express more emotions than needed, so you looked down at the floor.

"I-I don't f-feel like talking right now. S-Sorry", you said as he sat down next to you.

"I get it," he said, "it's fine. You miss something, or even someone. Maybe more than one."

You stayed silent to avoid any more questions.

Haventale Sans stood up with a sigh.

"Alright, listen...", he started as you glanced up at him. "Someone's been waiting for you. We thought it would be better for you to get used to this little 'base' of a safe place first before we brought you two back together again." Confusing was clearly visible on your face as you raised an eyebrow. He continued, "Well, if you're curious then just follow me."

Part of you didn't want to follow him. You didn't know him at all, and you didn't know your universe's Sans well enough to fully trust him. However, your gut told you otherwise.

And so you followed Haventale Sans upstairs towards his room. Not knowing what to expect since you barely knew your own Sans, you just stood there in front of his room's door, awkwardly waiting for an explaination.

Sans grinned, "Heh. Well, go ahead, kiddo. Knock." It seemed a little bit off that he didn't open the door for you to just walk in. But you followed his order either way.

And so you knocked, twice.

.

.

.

"Who's there?"

A familiar, gentle female voice was heard from the other side. You lightly gasped before smiling brightly. Looking at Haventale Sans, you saw him gesturing a hand towards the door, basically telling you to just continue the joke.