Chapter 11 ~ Books for Advice

Error's POV

'I don't get it... How did they fail at keeping the human in her cell? On the same day?' I mentally grumbled as the human next to me seemed locked in her own thoughts. "sO," I started to break the silence. "WhO wOuLd YoU LiKe tO MeEt fIrSt? I kNoW ThAt yOu'Ve AlReAdY mEt HoRrOr aNd SwApFeLl, sO--" "D-Do you mean Bl-Blackberry?" She quietly interrupted me. I would usually snap at the others for cutting me off, but there were two reasons why I didn't this time. First, Nightmare would kill me if I harmed her soul any further since her mental health is part of her soul. And second, she's just too innocent to be yelled at, even if she's 17.

Then I realized what she said. "BlAcKbErRy?" She nodded, humming in response. "Mhm! I-I personally th-think it suits him w-well." I huffed as we entered the castle's training area. Yes, we had a freakin' training area, just like a library, a swimming pool, an arcade and more rooms. I mean, it's a castle, what the hell could you ever do with just a throne room, living room, bedrooms and many hallways? But some rooms like the arcade and swimming pool were rarely used due to us always being on guard or out on a mission.

Once we reached the place where the dummies were, Dust was there, punching the crap out of one. "yO, DuSt!" I called out, making him look at me as he punched the dummy once more. "what is it this time, error? and why is the pet here?" I ignored his comment and grabbed a nearby object, which was a blunt knife, then I threw it at him. Dust easily dodged it since I usually don't use knives. He smirked at me. "i don't know what that was for, but you really suck at wielding a knife." I rolled my eyes at his remark. "i DiDn'T dO It tO KiLl yOu, I jUsT WaNtEd tO TeSt sOmEtHiNg." I said and looked back to the human. She gave Dust a concerned look, he returned a lazy smile. "don't worry, kid, dangering each other's lives is pretty much normal here." She shyly nodded as Dust chuckled and then suddenly stopped, pouting at something invisible next to him. 'Papyrus' probably mocked him or something, even though he was a fucking hallucination.

"anyways," He approached us, I couldn't help but give him a suspicious glare. "i don't think we had a proper introduction yet. name's dust, and yours is (y/n), as far as i can remember, right?" He took out his hand from his jacket for her to shake. I didn't like where this was going. The last time we had a human here, Dust took their hand and then killed him. He did get a beating from Nightmare for 'being irresponsible', but Dust gave zero fucks that he was close to death, he just wanted to gain more LOVE.

(Y/N) hesitantly took his hand and shook it. Oddly enough, Dust didn't even try to kill her, but my soul felt weird for a moment. Dust then chuckled. "welp, hope you won't die within your first week here. you've already managed to escape from your cell and somehow pissed off nightmare and horror just today, in a way I mean. so, you still haven't answered my question, error. whaddya doin' here?" I rolled my eyes. "i WaNtEd tO SeE hEr ReAcTiOn wHeN I tHrEw ThE kNiFe At yOu. BuT sEeMs As iF NoThInG hApPeNeD. So sHe'S NoT CONCERN..." I mumbled the last part to myself, the girl didn't hear me, but Dust of course did as always and raised a bonebrow in confusion.

"are you seriously figuring out her trait?" I shrugged in response. "WhAtEvEr. i'Ll AsSiGn sOmEoNe To fInD A bOoK On sOuLs In tHe LibRaRy lAter. BuT fOr NoW wIlL I fIgUrE ThIs oUt MySeLf--" "you could get killer to do that. i mean, he's practically acting like nightmare's pet, so you'd just need to ask nightmare to assign 'im. i wouldn't even do it if the human asked me to, i don't like reading books, so don't try to give me the job." Dust cut me off with a smug grin, I gave him a look that said 'Oh really now, ya lazy bag of bones?'.