From Strangers to Something

Date posted on AFF: 2017.04.08

Summary:

In which Chaeyoung received a sexy picture of an almost naked stranger on New Year's Eve and coincidences suddenly happening one after another.

p.s: This is absolutely my favorite! :) and I'm pretty sure a lot of ricekookers have checked this out on AFF! :D

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Ding.

Chaeyoung placed her mug carefully on the coffee table and sighed, ignoring the device located next to her on the couch. Within probably five minutes, her device had dinged for five times and she knew that all of those notifications were from the same group chat without even checking. Just yesterday, her friend Jennie had been talking nonstop about her plan on New Year's Eve, telling Chaeyoung that she was going to spend it with her boyfriend in a party in his house and that there would be lots of drinking. Lots of grinding and lots of humping –as what Jennie said.

Basically, to sum it up, it would be a really wild party and Chaeyoung didn't think that she would like to be present in that surrounding during this moment in her life; especially when she knew for sure that her ex-boyfriend would be there since he and Jennie's boyfriend were best buddies.

Her fingers crawled on the couch to slowly grab on the remote to change the channel. New Year's Eve was supposed to be fun even if she chose to stay at home and alone but boy was she wrong. Had the television always been so boring on New Year's Eve? She remembered that it used to be so fun back then. Maybe when she started to hang around Taehyung that staying at home felt so boring.

Even so, she needed to train herself to love being at home because this new home of her would be the safest place since Taehyung had no idea she had moved.

Chaeyoung stood up and decided to go to the balcony to take in fresh air while waiting for some fireworks to decorate the dark sky when her phone suddenly dinged for another five times in a row without any gap. With a deep sigh, she bent down to silence her phone when she noticed something weird.

There were five messages from an unknown number and they were all the same message.

You would be begging on your knees if you could see how happy I am now.

She furrowed her brows for a second before deleting all five messages, not wanting to reply to any of it. It could be Taehyung wanting for attention.

A few seconds before she managed to toss her phone on the couch, a notification came in, telling her that she had just received another message. It was from the same number and for some reason, she clicked on it to read.

I thought I was going to be in despair without you in my life, but I guess not.

I just want to tell you that dumping me for some nerd was probably the worse decision you've ever made in your life.

Wanna know why? I'll show you why.

Chaeyoung knitted her brows and thought that it might be best if she told this person that he or she was sending messages to the wrong number. She didn't need to know about someone else's breakup story when she was trying to handle her own, even though she was the one initiated it in her situation. Just as she pressed her thumb on the 'Send' button, she was notified of another message by the same number, and somehow, her thumb automatically slid on the screen and clicked on the notification without realizing that she had just received a picture.