Yours=Mine

Date posted on AFF: 2017. 01.25

Summary: 

The rule to their friendship is whatever belongs to him is automatically hers and vice versa. It used to be a disadvantage to him before but then one day, he figures that the rule is indeed one thing that can benefit him the most.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"If you want to be my friend, you have to follow one rule."

Jungkook huffs. He's new to the neighborhood and he needs a friend. Whatever the rule is, it shouldn't be hard to follow, he thinks. "Okay."

"It's simple! What's yours is mine and what's mine is yours. Deal?"

Jungkook thinks of his toys. Well, he doesn't have a lot of toys anyway and his mom has said to him many times that sharing is caring. Seven year old Jungkook nods his head firmly. "Okay, deal."

*

Chaeyoung excitedly shows him her tree house built by her father last year located in their backyard.

"Now that you are my friend, this tree house is yours too! Feel free to come up here whenever you want, Jungkook," Chaeyoung beams at him.

He returns the smile but wider as he tilts his head up, looking at the large tree house in awe. He has never been in a tree house before. He's always wanted one, but his father told him that a tree house would be a waste of energy to build and he can just hang out in the house.

He hesitates to climb up the ladder, looking back and forth between his new friend and the huge tree house. Chaeyoung seems to notice and she steps closer towards him with her teddy bear hugged close to her body.

"Are you afraid?" she asks. "Don't be. It's not that high."

Jungkook shakes his head. "I'm not afraid of heights."

"Then?"

He looks back at the tree house and thinks if he's allowed to go up there. Of course, Chaeyoung has told him that the tree house is his too now but he might get into trouble if his mother knows.

"My mom will scold me," Jungkook says. "She doesn't like it if I disturb someone else's toys or –"

His hand is grabbed by Chaeyoung before he could finish his sentence, her hand tightens as she pulls him and runs.

"Where are we going?" he asks in confusion.

She doesn't answer and they keep on running until they stop in front of their mothers who are busy talking to each other. She lets his hand go and approaches his mother, pulls her shirt to grab attention and Jungkook's eyes widen as he watches Chaeyoung whispering to his mother.

His mother furrows her brows and when Chaeyoung pulls back and his mother stands up straight again, the woman turns to him and a slow, genuine smile is displayed on her face. "Go ahead, Jungkook," his mother says, nodding her head to where the tree house is located.

He has known Chaeyoung for less than an hour but he feels like their friendship is going to last long.

*

Chaeyoung is such a lovable person and Jungkook will never want someone else to replace her as his best friend. But, of course, there are times when she annoys him the most, and most of the time, it's because of that rule she made.

They are in the tree house, each with their own coloring books and with their own set of color pencils.

There are times when Jungkook hates the idea of sharing and today is that one of those times. He finally gets a new set of color pencils after the old set has been stolen in school by the bullies. Jungkook doesn't care if Chaeyoung wants to try his color pencils but it doesn't mean that she gets to use them first before him. They're new and Jungkook wants to use them all before he lets her try it.