"We have a driveway, you know, Officer Jenny!" Nurse Joy said, annoyed, as Jenny laughed before saying in a strict tone.

"Sorry, Nurse Joy. But this boy and his Pokémon needs treatments. Attacked by flock of Spearow on Route 1." Ash took out the Pokéballs inside his pockets, handing them to Nurse Joy.

"Follow me, young man. Those injuries look terrible."

"Thanks, Nurse Joy..."

After getting treated by Nurse Joy, Ash sighs while leaving his hoodie in the room he rented inside the Pokémon Center. It wasn't that cheap, but worth it. Now he is sitting on the chair that in front of him is the video telephone, typing the phone number to the Ketchum residence.

He waited, until it picks up.

However, instead of his Mom, it was Kirlia.

"Grace? Where's Mom?" The Pokémon made a happy sound, waving at Ash through the video, which the boy returns it back with a smile. Kirlia made a few gestures, as Ash was able to figure out what she meant.

"Mom is at Professor Oak's Lab?" Grace nodded. "Thanks a lot, girl." Grace happily grinned and waved him bye, before the video went blank and Ash began to call the Oak residence.

"Another day... another day to train." Ash sighed. He was planning to get both Archen, or now Archeops, and Charmander to train while they made a tent in Route 1, but thanks to the Spearow fiasco, he was forced to put it on tomorrow. Probably staying here for a day to buy a few TMs, Potions, Revives, and stuff at the Pokémon Mark.

The video came to life, showing it was Delia, who was the one that answered the call.

"Ash! It's good to see you're..." She paused, noticing the patches on Ash's face, who used a poker face to hide a sheepish grin. "... okay. What happened?" Concern was visible im her voice.

"I kinda got an unfortunate luck on my first day... Ever heard of those incidents of the flocks of Spearows attacking people who passed Route 1?" Delia paled in worry, fear and shock. "It's all right. My Archen evolved to Archeops, it's thanks to him that I am safe. Finishing those poor bastards with a Dragon Pulse." She relaxed for a little, breathing out a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you're ok, hon. Professor Oak just told me that he'd be planning to scram the Spearows out with his Dragonite and Pigeot tomorrow morning." Delia said. Ash nodded before hearing the old man's voice.

"Were you mentioning my name to someone, Delia?"

"It was my son I'm talking to, Professor Oak." Delia then moved out of the call, as Professor Oak took her place with a kind smile.

"Ash, I see you've arrived at Viridian City. I must say, it's pretty impressive you arrived there on one day. In your days, it took your father four days to get to Viridian City because he has a terrible sense of direction." He could heard giggles from the other side of the phone, likely that Delia was amused.

"Right. And let me guess, Gary arrives here rather quickly because he has a convertible full of cheerleaders?" Ash sarcastically stated. Oak howled in laughter at the harsh words.

"I'm sorry, Ash, but you know my grandson.  Gary said that you wouldn’t have a caught a single Pokémon or recorded one by the time you got to Viridian City. I bet him a hundred dollars that he’d be wrong."

"Check my Pokédex, Old Man." Ash grinned. Professor Oak look slightly annoyed at the comment about him being an "old man" but he is rather old, so...

"Ah. I see that the mysterious Egg is a Gible! Fascinating. Those are from the Sinnoh region, and the main battler for the Champion there." Ash just shrugged off. True, the Sinnoh Champion, Cynthia Shirona, owns a Garchomp that decimated nearly all the challengers that took the Elite Four challenge.