Chapter XV

Hello everyone and Welcome back! Hope ye having a great day so far? 

When I got out of the pond I was met with a very angry yet worried Lilac. The first thing she shouted furiously was "Where have you been!? I was so worried about you, I thought the Kraken might have eaten you or something." 

She was shaking with anger and concern but once she saw me hop on the ground she ran to me and hugged me so tightly I thought my bones would crack. 

She may be small but she is strong.  She held me for a few minutes and then she checked me from head to toe like a mother looking at her child. That's when she noticed my hand there were a few fractures on it but what she was staring at wasn't the fractures but the small glowing pouch that held the Crystal. 

Her facial expression changed and walked back to the lake and squatted. "You got the crystal, did you? She asked while twirling a piece of grass between her fingers. It's these moments that make me think she is a child.

"Of course I did! I didn't risk my life just to get eaten" I replied in a somewhat excited tone. I knew this journey was coming to an end.

She turned around on the verge of tears and ran towards me; "But I don't want you to leave, not yet" she cried into my chest. Thought these couple of days I have bonded with her but I never thought she would cry.

I hugged her tightly and replied "But I have to go, you know I can't stay here forever." but then   an idea popped into my head "You know if you really want you can come with us?"

She looked at me as if I was crazy. I do agree with her on that point, this idea is crazy but never hurts to ask. She sighed and sat on the floor and patted a seat in front of her.

"I am not going to see you anytime soon so I want to thank you by giving you the one thing you really want; the truth of the Crystals." she was looking at me in the eye while I am sitting in front of her just confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked while my voice was laced in puzzlement. 

"Listen to the story without any interruption, it might answer all your questions," she answered in a stern voice.

"Long ago there were four sisters who went to find a magical Ocean crystal but on their journeys, the once loving sisters were corrupted by greed and evil. As time passed the more their hatred and greed grew for each other. Once they reached the Crystal they were too corrupted to touch it and the person who guarded it saw the evil in their hearts and thus banished them across the world to look after the crystal for all of eternity."

Once she finished the story I sat there in total disarray as someone who spent her entire life learning about the crystals. There was never a mention that the Crystals were at one point united. 

"Does that mean the crystals are evil?" I asked while still pondering on the story.

"No, not quite. Till this day no one knows why the crystals exist. As you know some say its a gift from the gods while others think it was created by combining all evil in the world" she answered with a faint tint her eyes that I couldn't decipher. I was about to get up and pack to leave when she shouted "Wait!

I turned around when she did and she whispered something I couldn't quite hear so I got closer to her and she once again whispered something in a shy tone. "Can I ask you a favor?"

I looked at her and teased "you want a hug don't cha?"

She just looked at me and blushed "I am not a child thought; a hug would be fine. That isn't the favor I want though" she huffed at me while you could still see a pink tint on her cheeks.

I laughed and teased once more "What does her great and old majesty want." I taunted a bit on the word 'old' and she shot me a playful glare but then she went all serious. With all honesty and still having my teasing smile I said in a soft tone, "I am sure going to miss you Lilac."

She just gave me a small smile filled with sadness and pain and told me her favor "I want you to take all four stones and drop them into Mount. Koro."

"Are you crazy! It's a volcanic mountain not to mention I didn't risk my life just to drop them into molten lava. Thank you very much." I shouted with a bit of sarcasm.

"I am serious Rowan, as long as the crystals are separated I can't even begin to imagine what my sister will do and you only want them; to continue your research, don't you. Lilac said in a strict voice.

"How did you know about that"? I asked in a cautious tone filled with shock.

"I know everything. It's part of being the youngest sister who deserted on this island. You would want a connection with the outside world" she stated with sarcasm and pain-filled tone.

I thought about what to say for a few minutes and then decided to ask "What will happen when I drop the Crystals into the volcano? Would they merge? but I want to study the crystals as they are."

"No they won't merge but it's important to drop them in mount. Koro" she declared.

I found it suspicious that she won't tell me why it's so important but I decided since she is my friend I will accept her favor, as I did she gave one of her brightest smiles I had ever seen on her.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please keep in mind they have been edited but by me personally and my grammar isn't the best in the world. I will heir an editor later once the chapters have been all published.

Any advice on how to improve the story is greatly appreciated.

Wonder what Lilac is planning this time?

Why do you think the crystals were created?

Are they really good or Evil or are they both?

Also, the next chapter is the last one!

Please comment, vote and share your opinion⭐