Chapter VII

Hello everyone! How is your week going?

Waking up to someone shaking me softly. I fluttered my eyes and was met with two forest green eyes and a warm smile. "Haze?" I said in a soft voice. Blinking I looked at my body and realized that I was back to normal. He responded with one of his signature smiles. "How?... Am I dreaming?" I asked in utter shock. 

He shook his head and whispered "No, Rowan. As for how..." he turned his head away from me and lowered his voice even lower. I am amazed that I heard what he said "Well when I hugged you the day before yesterday and Yes you have been sleeping for two days. I placed a magic potion on you and don't ask me how either or what it is, though this is only temporary for a few hours." I just stared at him.

"Who are you? And what have you done with Haze?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Rowan, it is really me." He said in a convincing voice.

"Yeah, and that's exactly what an imposter will say. Tell me something Haze only knows then." I was not liking this situation. My brain says it's Haze but my gut says it's some else.

Haze sighed and said in anger  "Like what fancy pants. Remember you never share anything because if you did. We won't be in this mess!" His words were sharper than swords and stung like hot iron. I was shocked, a part of me knew that it wasn't Haze but even so his words hurt but, is that how Haze really feels about all of this? I questioned.

For the first time in ten years, tears sprung from my eyes. They were hot bubbling tears, I touched my right cheek, my fingers were stained with water, staring at my fingertips. Couldn't believe that they were tears. Haze was looking at me like a deer stuck in the headlights. His blue eyes that I came to love over the years were open wide filled with a raging storm of emotions. Guilt, hurt, confusion and apologetic and something else I couldn't quite get.

I stood there staring. With a bang, a person with messy blond hair came rushing in and engulfed me in a hug. With a raspy voice, that person kept saying "I am so sorry. I am so sorry." He hugged me tighter as if he was holding on for dear life. And that made me snap from my daze.

I looked closer at the person and realized it was Haze, staring in front of me was another Haze. I pushed the person away from me and looked at the two of them. They realized why I was staring. And the one who hugged me said "Um Rowan. First I was to say that I am a real Haze and the one that you are staring at is... well a dream copy of me." at that, I got more confused.

"What?" I whispered

"It's hard to explain," they both said at the same time.

"Please apologize Z. What you said was very hurtful to her and you know that" the real haze said.

"Why should I. I only said the truth and feelings you have been having for the past couple of years." Z, I guess that's what his name, said in a matter of fact tone and continued "At the least some of them" he added in a lower tone and looked the other way, while Haze glared at him but his eyes also held the same emotions Z had but there is one that I couldn't see until now and that was affection. Oh, Haze... more tears were rolling down my cheek.

They both looked at me with worried expressions. "I am sorry," I said while sobs escaped my mouth. They both looked at me in confusion and hugged me. "I am so sorry" I repeated. They coode me and said it was fine. Haze looked at Z. he just smiled, nodded and left.

"Oh, Rowan. I-"
Shushing him and placing a finger on his mouth. Giving my best smiled and replied, "I know."
He looked at me with shining eyes itching his face closer to me just as we were about to touch he stopped and said "No" in a whisper.

Getting up while apologizing. "I am sure you know how I feel about you by now. But I know you are not interested so I won't do something that will ruin our friendship, because that is something I treasure more than the crystals more than the world" He said with hurt in his voice but it held so much understanding, such emotions.

"Haze," I said in a soft voice. "I knew about how you felt years ago so you're not wrong there, but you are wrong about me not being interested. It's just this life. It's way too crazy and I am... " Gulping I continued to be honest with him and myself, "Afraid. Afraid of so many things. I just need time to think. To finish this quest. I am sorry. I also treasure this friendship more than you know. I am glad you are here with me" by the time I finished talking my voice was cracking and my throat burned like hot Rum.

"I understand so don't apologize because it isn't anyone's fault after all the heart wants what it wants," he said with his signature smile. He was back to his old self.

At that my heart skipped a beat, sighing "There is also the skeleton problem" I said jokingly. He chuckled and said "Yeah, there is that too"

He came and sat next to me on the leather couch. We sat in comfortable silence, enjoying each others company.

"So crewmen, are we still heading South and- Oh, right how did the crew handle the news about me being a skeleton also you are one mysterious man," I said with a grin on my face.

"Aye Captain, you are full of question on this fine morrow," he replied with a wide smile that showed his pearly white teeth.

Rolling my eyes at him, he just laughed and answered my questions "Aye we are following the sun to the south. And too bad you missed it Cap'tan because I ain't telling. Mystery is my first name." His eyes were full of mischief.

I huffed like a little child but my smile faded away when he said we were still on our course. Stretching and yawning I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. A few minutes later I felt my head being placed on the pillow of the couch. I could feel soft long fingers playing with the ends of my hair. With a good night, he left the cabin and I could hear him sighing on the way out.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please keep in mind they have been edited but by me personally and my grammar isn't the best in the world. I will heir an editor later once the chapters have been all published.

o.O a new character, who is this Z? 

Is he good or Evil? Does anyone want to guess? 

Another emotional chapter. Poor Haze, he loves her but she sees him only as a friend or does she ;)? 

are you liking these Question/discussions so far?

Any advice on how to improve the story is greatly appreciated.

Please comment, vote and share your opinion⭐