Chapter XII

Hello beautiful people! How did your week go, well I hope?

With a serious expression on her face and a mischievous glint in her eyes she came and sat across me. She smiled and said "Let's start from the beginning. I am Lilac and you are of course Rowan. To be honest I am impressed that you have found this Island so soon."

I looked at her waiting for her to continue. But was a little wary of her, the way her emotions changed they were very easy to read and gave a weird feeling in my gut and I always follow my instinct. There is also the reason she has a name and that was uncommon among the four sisters.

"Your trial is fairly easy." she continued but her eyes glint and shimmered with more mischief but that of a child.

I hummed in response for her to explain more. "You have to get my gem from the Kracken that slumbers under the Staglamite lake, if you do that, then I will leave the crystal to you but there is a catch," Lilac said but so many emotions were going through her eyes while she talked I couldn't figure out exactly what she was planning not to mention she is the last Crystal and that makes me anxious as to what the sacrifice will be.

"Alright, what is the catch you are talking about?" I asked in a neutral and well-composed voice.

She slightly chuckled and answered with a smirk on her lips and at the moment she looked as if she grew a few hundred years. "You cease to surprise me." I just looked at her in confusion trying to understand what she meant and then she went back to her serious tone.

"The first catch is; you are currently a skeleton and you can't swim. If you tried to get the crystal as you are now you will sink to the bottom of the sea. The second catch is; Your sacrifice, you need to give up being a Pirate" Lilac explained in more detail while at the end her tone was filled with grief and her eyes shone with remorse.

I didn't say a word, I sat there on the damp grass trying to process what she said and what am I supposed to do. I could start to feel my breath being shaky and I don't understand how but there were tears running drown my face. Tears filled with sorrow, with pain with despair, hot bubbling tears. That's when I looked at the sky and a loud scream was heard, the scream came from me. I sobbed and wailed.

Suddenly I was engulfed in warmth and my head was resting on a person's shoulder. I looked to the left to find it Lilac was hugging me. While she was rubbing my back soothingly and kept apologizing. "I know what we did to you is unfair and no one deserves this, I am sorry. I wish I could choose something else to sacrifice but I can't." after she responded that I could feel her own tears rolling down on my boney shoulder. I hugged her tightly and continued to cry in silence.

I can't believe after so, so long I would have to give up the one thing that I never thought I would lose. Not after so many years. Not after so many memories. Not after so many sacrifices. Not after everything. Anything but this! Suddenly an image of Haze popped in my head. What will I tell him and that made me cry even more. What about Lin and the rest of the crew. They aren't just crewmen, they are my family. I cried and sobbed until I couldn't feel anything anymore. That's when something warm engulfed my body and made me relaxed.

"Don't worry child, just rest. Tomorrow is a new day" I heard a familiar voice say but it echoed in my mind as the voice faded away.

I jolted up, that's when I noticed there was something heavy on me. I looked down to fine Lilac sleeping next to me while her head was on my lap. I looked up at the sky and then to the left. I was confused as to what happened but a few seconds later my head began to hurt and that's when I remembered everything that occurred. All the sadness that was gone only moments ago came back rushing to me as if I was drenched in cold water. Looking once again at the blue sky, I toke my hands and I tugged at my ruby-colored hair. This isn't the time to be wallowing in sorrow, this is time to move on. I am not about to give up just yet and with that, a full smile was on my mouth. 

DUN DUN DUUUUNNN

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please keep in mind they have been edited but by me personally and my grammar isn't the best in the world. I will heir an editor later once the chapters have been all published.

Did anyone saw that coming? she will have to give up being a Pirate. 

How are you liking the story so far? 

Do you like Rowan, what about Lilac?

Updates on Tuesdays and Fridays!

Any advice on how to improve the story is greatly appreciated.

Please comment, vote and share your opinion⭐