Chapter Four

The sound of birds chirping could not be heard. The forest could not feel the wind. The animals were leaving the forest. It was as if the god had abandoned that forest. The trees were all died by the poisonous air around the place. But there was a man siting on a broken wood near the waterless river in that same forest, admiring his work of disaster to the forest he was in. A creepy smile played on his lips. He was a mad man.

"How long do you intend to continue doing this?" A light came next to him.

"Until the day that person dies and I can get you for myself." The man replied. "I cannot see you nor hold you. I can only see a light and hear your voice. Why won't you show yourself to me?" Tears came rolling down his cheeks as he remembered their past together. "I want to see your face again, my love."

"You know you broke the taboo. You brought this to yourself." She was referring to the curse the man had. "And your curse brings destructions to the living things. I can't let you wander around the world anymore. I can't let you kill another more of my children."

But he's a wicked man. He would not stop at just her words. If he did, he would do it a hundred years ago. He then burst out of laughter because he knew he was unstoppable. The Gods or Goddesses could not stop him. The sound of his laugh made his old love irritated.

"If you can stop me, you should have done it right now. But you haven't been able to stop me for a hundred years. Are all Gods and Goddesses this weak that can't even handle one man?" He continued laughing. She was speechless. Indeed, she's a Goddess, but she was weak. "And you're saying about stopping me from hurting your children. We are not your children! You know that well." A certain figure of a mortal human being came into his mind. He smirked because he knew who that person was for the Goddess.

"Aahh, but you do have one. Your true child. Two years ago, that child should have died during the coup d' etat but you! you! you! you interfered. If you didn't, you would have been mine by now."

"Your love for me is no longer love, Yulis. What you have for me is obsession."

"Oh Metallia, you will be mine. Before, now and in the future."

🍁🍁🍁

The crown prince could not sleep well that night. Not after what he did to the beautiful lady that he fell in love at first sight. He kissed her but then she cried in front of him. He could not forget her tears.

"Why did you do that?"

Her last words lingered in his mind. He knew he was wrong for kissing her on their first meet but to him it was unavoidable. He wanted her. He desired her. But Aria was so clear that she did not want to have anything with him. She reciprocated his kiss but she was not happy by his action. She ran away before he could explain his reason for the actions he did to her. He did chase after her but he lost her in the crowded ballroom. The ladies swarmed at him. He had no choice but to abandon his wish on searching for Aria.

He sighed thinking back of the last night's event. He was even irritated when he remembered Sir James' words about him as a mad man in love. He never thought he would be just like his knight's words. Love at first sight to a woman who probably hated him by now. "Ahhh!" He groaned while lying on his large bed. He did not have any mood to go for his training for the first time ever. He was a training freak and everyone knew that. That made people in the palace worried about him, especially the knights under his command that had endured his hellish training everyday.

knock! knock!

"I'm coming in, Noah." Sir James entered the room before Noah could even respond. "How you do?" Sir James smirked. He knew what happened last night. Some nobles saw them and spread the rumors around. Everyone in the palace knew about it already.