Cain nodded and cleared his throat. "If that is all-"

That was when they heard a loud screech and the secret door that led to the Beta's study opened. No one knew the existence of this passage save for the Alpha and Beta. Cain knew it because he was to be the next Beta.

From behind the door, a female stumbled out. How was she there? He could not even scent her. The blasted scandal door must her hidden her scent.

The first thing Cain noticed was her brown hair. How could it be so long? The braid literally reached her waist. He could only imagine how long it would be if her hair was free.

When she stumbled a little, he rushed and caught her. For a wolf, she was pretty clumsy. Her balance was off.

She turned and her luscious green eyes caught him. He simply gazed at her eyes and held his breath.

Damn! Even Aurelia's gaze could not hold him this strong.

He sniffed her and her scent was addicting enough. Coffee and vellichor. For a bookworm, this scent was aphrodisiac.

Before he could make a fool out of himself, his father called. "Livvia! What are you doing here?"

That shattered whatever that was between them.

She moved from his embrace. "Beta Black! I am sorry!"

Cain gave her an amused look. "Who are you?"

Carter cleared his throat. "She is Gamma Lyanne's daughter. The new family who was appointed as the Gamma by Alpha Violet."

She gave him a sheepish smile. "You must be Cain Black?"

He nodded. "I am."

She bit her lip. "I am so sorry."

Carter narrowed his eyes at the female. "You are not, are you?"

She grimaced. "I... did not want to eavesdrop."

Cain raised his eyebrows. "Then?"

She looked around and then she sighed. "Little Ethan told me about secret passages and I was curious. I was simply... discovering."

Ethan? He resisted the urge to snort. That pup was merely fifteen but thought he ruled the world. Cain prayed that he would get better as he grew up.

But Cain was surprised when his father was not angry. Intruding a Beta's privacy was not a light thing. Why was his father letting her go?

"Discovering?" Cain asked.

She nodded fervently, her green eyes filled with fear and excitement. "I didn't mean to intrude. I am sorry."

Carter cleared his throat. "How much did you hear?"

Livvia glanced at both of them before signing, "When Beta Cain began speaking about Luna being captured."

Cain resisted the urge to groan. This female had listened right from the beginning!

Strangely enough, he never had the urge to shout at her or even get angry. But yes, he was tempted to punish her and he was sure that at that moment, his definition of punishing and his father's would be utterly different.