ix. make conversation

After a moment of silence at you and Jimin just staring at each other, Lailani speaks up

"O-Oh. Of course! Silly us, right Brooke?"

Brooke just nods and Lailani lets out the fakest laugh you've ever seen in your life. You scrunch up your nose in disgust as watch as she nears Jimin with a flirty smile.

"I'm so sorry about that Jimin. No hard feelings, right?"

Jimin nods at her with a smile, gently patting her shoulder as well as Brooke's before waiting for them to leave.

And as much as you didn't like Lailani, you hope she would say even in this moment like she usually does.

Becasue you didn't really want to be with Jimin.

But it's too late. Lailani closes the door and you're left to face Jimin alone, something you've dreaded since seeing him in that studio after so many years. Even more so after your drunk texts.

Neither of you speak until you clear your throat, fingers anxiously twirling around one another. But despite everything, you are not about to let your emotions ruin what you've worked so hard for. You've come too far to let him stomp all over on you. Again.

"Mr. Park." You walk over to your desk and pull out your planner, trying to remain as calm and as professional as you can, "I don't have a meeting scheduled with you today."

He raises an eyebrow at you, as if he can't believe your sudden comment and just shrugs, "Can't I drop by and see how my creative team is doing?"

You hum, gesturing for him to sit in the chair in front of your desk, "Well, you usually have to make an appointment for that. As you can see, I'm very busy with my team and as well as my own work and they're busy with their own."

Jimin doesn't answer you, not expecting you to be acting like this towards him after what you had texted him last night. He stares at you with wide eyes, trying to make you talk.

You finally look up at him, seeing that he wasn't talking at all. You find yourself staring at his soft brown eyes. He didn't have contacts on like when you met him in the studio. He seemed almost sad at how you were acting towards him but you didn't like yourself fall for the soft look in his eyes. Like you once did a lifetime ago.

You raise an eyebrow at him, pretending to ignore his stare, "Mr. Park, if you have nothing to discuss with me, I suggest you go. You're wasting my time."

He scowls, "_____ , you know exactly why I'm here."

"You did say to check in on your creative team, no?"

"_____ ," Jimin starts to throw his pointed glare at you but you keep yourself collected, "Don't mess with me. I want to talk about last night."

You sigh, "Mr. Park, this is a workplace. If you-"

"Stop calling me that."

"What? Mr. Park?" You chuckle bitterly, "I'm suppose to call you that."

"No. You're supposed to call me Jimin. Or Chim. Like back then." He demands, almost like a child, "We're still friends."

You start to twitch slightly in annoyance, "After you stepped on me like a bug? You're funny."

"Funny, you texted me that exact simile last night." He says with a shake of his head, "Along with many....colourful things."

At this point, you know that Jimin is pushing your buttons. He always knew how to, and seems to still do. You feel as if steam is coming out your ears as you stare at him.

But suddenly, he softens, "______ , I never meant to hurt you. You know I really care about you. And I-"

You raise your hand to silence him and he obeys, watching you curiously. He stares at you, somewhat hopeful for what you're going to say. But you can't fall.

You just can't.

You sigh softly, allowing your business persona to crack slightly, "Jimin listen. What happened, was just from the young senior girl who cried herself to sleep every night knowing that her dreams were shattered because her best friend got greedy, took advantage of her and never bothered to care for her."

Jimin's face falls. Although what you said was similar to what was written in text, on his phone, hearing right from you was something he didn't seem to believe. You could even tell that your words almost hurt him. But this had to be said.

"She just wanted closure. For him to be reminded that his success is because of her and to get even." You fold your hands on your life, your fingers still anxiously moving about, "That's it Jimin. There's nothing else to talk about."

Although you can tell he's a bit shaken up by what you had just said, he tries his best to keep the conversation. He sighs, " _____ , I'm sorry. I really am a-and-"

"You know, I really needed you." You confess softly, just enough for him to hear, "I needed you to help me get through.....a lot of things in my life. But you cut it off with me, I never heard from you and you even changed your number to avoid me!"

You laugh. You laugh as if it was the funniest memory of your life but the atmosphere gives away the truth, the pain and the sorrow you faced.

You quickly regain your posture, "That leaves a wound on a fragile eighteen year old girl,"

"I'm sorry." Tears fill his big brown eyes and your heart starts to ache for him like it once did, "I really am ______ . If I could go back in time, I would stop myself from stealing that stupid book and stay with you. Like I've always wanted."

You both stay silence, your eyes searching one another in the vast silence in your office that lingers.

"Maybe one day I'll forgive you Jimin." You say with a soft smile, watching as he stares at you with hopeful eyes, "Just not today."
___________________________

i can't believe after so many years of not wanting to be on wattpad anymore and leaving the app- i'm back on my backup account to finish these bts fanfics.....

what am i even on-

it's crazy how time changes......yet writing still....still feels apart of me.

i'm obviously not gonna update very often, and on my main who knows if i'll ever finish all those stories i started, maybe i never will. i don't think i have it in me to do so but-

who knows. maybe i'll just do this like i intended to and.....finally leave for good.

with that being said, i hope you enjoyed this chapter and all that pertains with it, it's been in these drafts since 2019 so- i still think is pretty good. and please, don't expect much from me. i'm just doing this for fun, out of love for the many fanfics i still read to this day 👉🏼👈🏼

hopefully, i'll see you in the next chapter!!

much love,

jhopefulIy :)

oh and p.s: the gif doesn't work in the main media so i put it at the beginning of the chapter, enjoy!