vii. morning regrets

"Jimin, what happened to you?"

You eye the bruise on his face as you gently cup his face to get a closer look. He turns slightly pink as he let's out a nervous laugh.

"It's nothing ______ . Just some guys thinking that my music was too soft for a guy."

You furrow your eyebrows, steam starting to come out your ears, "Those jerks....who are they? What are their names? Do you need me to teach them a lesson?"

Jimin laughs, his beautiful eye smile appearing and you can't help melt at the sight of it. He just had that affect on you.

"No. Don't do any of that. You saying that just makes these bruises seem like nothing."

The moment you woke up, you knew that something happened. After your argument with Jimin last night, you couldn't help but drink everything away.

But maybe you drank a little too much. The headache told you all.

You sit up, turning off your alarm, only to grab your pounding head and frantically look for some water. Luckily, there's a glass nicely placed on your night table along with some medicine and a note. Curious, you pick it up, only to have a smile grace your face instantly.

Golden Boy here!!

You kinda got super drunk at the karaoke restaurant last night but don't worry! Your pal Yeonjun helped you get home safely and made sure you stopped drinking after your 13th shot!!

(Yes I counted)

Unfortunately, you drunk texted Jimin out of rage so prepare for awkwardness at work this morning. I'll save you from it if you need it!! But please make sure to talk it out with him. You really spooked me last night.

See you at work!

Your brot-

Your friend, Yeonjun

You smile softly as his mistake, his kindness warming you. He was truly like the little brother you've always wanted. So sweet and caring and always considerate. It made you happy and warm.

But that warm feeling goes away quickly when you re-read his note to realize two things.

1) You have work in an hour.

2) You drunk texted Jimin. After your big argument with him.

Cursing at yourself, you quickly take the medicine with the water and hurry get ready to head into the studio.

Security lets you by easily and you rush into your office, seperated from your creative team and allows you a space for solitude and quiet thinking. You lock it almost immediately after you enter. You ended up being half an hour late just because of traffic and did not want to face anyone asking questions about your tardiness.

Although this morning it's just a day filled with regretful thinking and sorrow.

You haven't even looked at your phone all morning but now would be the best time to do so.

Hesitantly, you open your messages which has one new from Jimin. You read his first, which was a few minutes after yours and is just a bunch of question marks and that's it. 

You sigh in relief that he hasn't responded badly to your texts. But then you scroll up and your heart drops.

Drunk you was the biggest idiot in the world for everything she had written and you couldn't believe that despite all the spelling errors, every single thing you would never say to his face, is all on a text. A bunch of texts to be accurate.