One

"Holland, put your seatbelt on" my dad laughed out as I sank into the seat, more than miserable that I was going to school.

"You're already making me go to school- don't you think that's enough?" I laughed back, rolling my eyes as I did.

"I'm always going to boss you around, I'm surprised you aren't used to it yet." He spoke back.

"Why do I even have to go to school today- it's a skip day-" "only drug heads and drop outs participate in skip day- not future surgeons." He spoke quickly.

"Who said I wanted to be a surgeon? Why can't I be a lawyer like you" I spoke to him.

"Surgeons make more money, and being a lawyer isn't everything it seems- we go through hell" he mumbled out.

"And surgeons don't?"

"No they do, they go through more than hell- but I'm sure saving a life is well worth it, I've never saved a life" he mumbled.

"You don't know that" I rolled my eyes, looking out the window.

"You're right- but I do know that you need to put your seatbelt on- I'm not paying for a seatbelt ticket" he spoke, making me groan, grabbing it

As I brought it around my body, I heard the voice of my dad

"Jesus Christ-"

I felt a sudden impact, I felt my grip of the seatbelt loosen, before my head hit something, my body moving faster than anything, until u felt my body come into contact with gravel.

I woke up- on the road, I heard a car door shut as I let out a cough- feeling myself struggling to breathe

"She's alive- someone help!" A voice yelled, making me close my eyes due to the pain in my head.

I felt a hand grab my own.

"Sweetheart- look at me" a woman said slowly,

I let my eyes move to her- the sun overwhelmingly bright, dots invading my vision- my ears ringing.

"Seatbelt"