Sixteen

"Let's not move, at all, okay?" Ashton spoke, coming to me and holding my leg firmly.

"What's wrong?" I panicked, placing my hands on top of his.

He looked away- contemplating what to say to me.

"Just tell me or I'm going to freak out" I spoke quickly.

"Your hip bone is about an inch away from puncturing the skin" he spoke, and I swore I was going to croak and die.

"You probably shouldn't have told me that" my voice cracked as I spoke.

"No, you're okay, I'm going to hold your leg as still as we can until an orthopedic doctor can come and confirm this-" "you can't just pop it back?" I felt my eyes water as I spoke,

"It'll go through your skin if I do that, you're going to need surgery pretty girl"

I broke down into cries

"No- I can't do surgery, please" I sobbed out.

"Holland, it's okay- everything is going to be okay, just relax"

I cried into my hands as he tried his hardest to comfort me without letting go of my leg.

"I don't want to do it without my dad" I cried out.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but we don't have more than one choice"

I ended up letting my head hit his side, where I cried into him as he held my leg firmly.

Soon Michael ran in- confusion filling his face.

"How did it pop back out" he panicked as he ran to the light, staring to the screen.

"She fell down- it's not good" Ashton mumbled.

"That's surgery" michael confirmed, turning to us.

"Are you good to do another surgery this soon or should we get the other-" "no I'm fine, it's an easy surgery" michael dismisses, looking to my leg as Ashton held it,

"Okay, lets get an IV started, let's get her prepped for surgery and a relaxer in her system- I want all of her vitals charted before we go in and I want her hooked to electrodes, blood pressure and pulse machines, are we good?" He spoke to the room as it filled with people I've never seen before.

"All clear, Doctor Clifford" a nurse spoke as I looked to Ashton, who was already looking to me.

"Please don't leave me" I cried out, seeing his face fill with sympathy.

"I won't leave you unless you absolutely want me to."