Forty-One

"Should I go wait in the lobby or something?" She asked me slowly.

"No, you can stay up there." I told her, screwing a hip in place, trying to finish the surgery without any mistakes.

"I just- I didn't ask for permission to come up here, your offices were just locked and I couldn't find anywhere to be alone." She spoke, seeming to be stressed about her decisions.

"Holland" I glanced to her, seeing her looking straight to me.

"Stop stressing, everything you did today was perfect."

Just as I started closing, I heard the door open.

"You needed dry clothes?" Luke's voice asked.

"Not me, look at the gallery" I spoke, watching his eyes immediately go up.

He didn't say any other words before running up there.

Holland.

I watched Luke disappear, making me focus back to Michael.

I held the towel to me tightly, still cold as fuck, but a little relieved.

"Luke's going to take you to his office, I'm going to finish up and join you both, and then we will go home." Michael spoke, stitching the hip area of a person.

"Okay" I agreed.

And seconds after, Luke busted into the room with me.

"Holland, how did you get so wet?" He asked, grabbing my head and not caring that I was still soaking wet, but pulling me into a hug.

"I walked" I told him quietly.

"Okay, let's go get you into warm clothes and talk about it."

He held my hand tightly, leading me to his office, where he unlocked the door and handed me clothes.

"Change into these and open the door when you're done, I'll make sure no one walks in." He spoke, making me nod, thanking him.

So I did as said.

I quickly changed and opened the door, making him walk in, shutting it right back behind him.

We sat on the couch together and he simply held me.

He didn't make me talk, he didn't ask questions, he just pulled me into his chest and held me.

And that's all I needed to have a complete meltdown in his arms.

"Talk to me, princess." He spoke, stroking my hair gently.

"He drinks every fucking day" I cried into him.

"And I think he's doing drugs or something now lately, because he's mean when he's drinking but he was like crazy- he was going to kill me." I couldn't stop crying.

Luke.

I held her as tight as I could, feeling her body shaking as she cried.

"That's not my dad." She cried, sitting up to look to me.

"I don't know what happened to him in the wreck, but that is not the man I was raised by."

"I know princess, but everything going to be okay, we'll figure everything out." I told her.

Soon Michael joined us, I had got her to stop crying.

Michael squatted in front of her, preparing to talk, but I was his eyes narrow onto her.

"Holland" he mumbled slowly.

"Did he- did he choke you?" He asked, touching her chin to make her lift her head, making both of us look.

"Yeah- that's why I left." She mumbled slowly.

I ran my finger over the bruise forming on her neck, making me hug her yet again.

"Let's get the police involved"