vii

over the course of filming the auditions, david had asked simon to run multiple errands for him, and simon had been slaving away at his feet like a dog to its owner.
it was the third day of auditions and the final day at the london palladium theatre. afterwards, the auditions would take place all around the country in different locations to try and get more variety in the auditions.
david had arrived later than usually and he was greeted by simons assistants, who swiftly removed the coat off his body and took it some where safe. next, he had another assistant open every single door open for him so he didnt have to do anything for himself. as soon as he made his way through the maze-like building, he was finally at his dressing room, which was actually simons dressing room but renovated to fit david's taste.
when the assistant shut the door of the dressing room for david to get some privacy, he propped his feet up on the table and took a look through his phone, as he waited for yet another person to burst through the doors of his dressing room.
this time, it wasnt an assistant or crew member, but rather the executive producer of the show, simon cowell himself.
the man walked in with bags attached underneath his eyes because he wasnt allowed to sleep in and be late to filming auditions, as per david's many requests.
he was holding a coffee cup in his hands which he slammed on the table next to davids shiny black shoes.
"just like you asked for" simon said miserably, and turned his back to close the door.
"simon,"
"what now?"
"cheer up a bit." david said while grabbing at the mans cheeks with a large smile on his face.
-
the auditions went by smoothly and the judges where being their usual selves. amanda, being graceful and fabulous, alesha, kind and talented, david, obnoxiously funny and simon strict as usual.
whenever david would try to interact with simon in anyway simon would try and pretend like he wasnt there. but that stopped working whenever david came over to simons seat...
during the commercial break the judge's microphones were turned off so they were able to chat freely about whatever they wanted. david and alesha were having a conversation about children's books, amanda was using her phone and simon wad talking to the producers.
amanda interrupts alesha and davids conversation by pulling alesha to the side and asking her "what is going with simon this week?"
alesha's facial expressions signalled to amanda that she was just as clueless and surprised by the recent change in behavior.
"first he comes in on time, which hes never done, ever, and then the whole dressing room situation." alesha replies
"you must have worked out a really good contract deal to make that happen, dave."
david nods fake-arrogantly and then says "or maybe, i dunno, people change"
this made simon stop in his tracks and he ended the conversation with his colleague and butted in to the conversation.
"oh no. you are not telling them. cmon david please, it would make everything worse."
simon said with a pleading tone.
"tell us what."
the girls asked simultaneously.
"nothing."
simon quickly replied.
alesha and amanda looked intently at david, knowing that he wasnt the best at keeping his mouth shut and for a few seconds tension was all around the judge's table. simons shoulders were tense and alesha and amanda were filled with curiousity. it was as if a drum roll was playing in the background, awaiting davids answer.
breaking the tension, david quickly dismissed the question with a simple "nothing." and at that point auditions were resumed and the commercial break was over.
-
sorry for not updating everyone!! i went through alot of writers block with this book, i hope you enjoy the direction its going in.
i have another book in progress and its called 'flowers', its about david stealing flowers from simons back yard and simon catching him (the plot has alot of depth put into it though!) thank you all so much for reading and i'll try to update more consistently oops
-damonwalliams