i

simon
it was a small apartment, temporary, the man thought.
he never liked shopping for apartments, mainly because of the superficial essence of it all. the fake smile coming from the landlord, the newly painted walls who he knew that after a couple weeks the paint would chip and he'd discover that the lights will start to flicker.
i mean, that what life is, isnt it? its presented to you like a beautifully wrapped present that you're ready to open. then you realise the present is actually just a monet. pretty from afar but ugly up close, he thought to himself, staring out into the mediocre view of the city.

he needed an apartment in bristol because his central office for the production of britains got talent was going to be moved there. costs had gone up so they couldn't afford for simon to operate in his regular LA office.
simon cowell was distraught upon hearing this news, not only because he was going to have to look for apartments, but also because he loved his office in LA dearly, and he was going to miss it.

after imprinting his signature on multiple pieces of paper, exchanging telephone numbers withh the landlord, and thanking the lady, simon rested his head on the wooden head board and propped his feet up on the pillows. he just received a text from lauren which read:

im going to be out clubbing again. hope you've found a new flat xx

simon sighed, kicked his shoes off, and tried to figure out how the tv worked.
david
a couple of feet below the famous tv judge sat david walliams, who was trying to read his son alfred to bed, only to be interrupted by what could only be described as moaning, coming up from the upstairs bedroom.
this has never happened before he thought to himself. someone new must have moved in. he tried phoning his landlord, who did not answer.
david was a patient man, and it wasn't such a huge problem since alfred wasn't old enough to understand where those sounds were coming from. hours passed, and david lay awake in his room, trying to block out the creaking of the bed, the multiple grunts and moans coming from the upstairs bedroom, belonging to the mysterious new neighbor.
david checked the time and gasped, since it read 4:21 am. the man had to drive his son to school tomorrow, and had to run some errands, and couldn't afford losing any more sleep.