Chapter 1- Irreparable

A/N: We're back yall! It's been a while. All righty, so initially I was planning on writing and posting Lia's story on here, but this story kinda wouldn't allow that to happen lol.

I also want to thank each and everyone who reads, votes for, comments on and enjoys my work. It really does mean a lot to me! Especially my day ones, I see you guys! <3

Anywayyyy, without further ado, I give you Sangria! I hope you guys enjoy.

~~~~~

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Go, baby, go!"

"Ah! Fuck!"

"Yes! Woohoo!" Gabrielle jumped up in excitement, fist pumping the sky, while Vincent stomped his feet in annoyance. "I win again, Vincent! Why don't you just admit that I'm better than you in Mario Kart?"

Ever the sportsman, he tossed the controller onto the coffee table in front of him before standing up in frustration and walking away. "This game is rigged against me, that's what," he said with an accusatory point in the direction of the television. "And you are inhumanly good at it for absolutely no reason."

Gabrielle clicked her tongue with a shrug. "I told you, I won a Mario Kart tournament in my freshman year of college. My skills clearly never left." She started to shake her hips in a silly victory dance while Vincent stared at her, his lips fixed in a pout. "Oh, fix that face, you sore loser," she goaded with a shoulder shimmy.  "What? So now that you're not kicking my ass in chess for the hundredth time, you're upset?"

Vincent scoffed in response. "You just wait until I get the hang of this infernal game, then I'll show you who the sore loser is."

Gabrielle paused her dancing and chuckled at his attitude. Vincent thought extremely highly of himself, and was incredibly competitive. He HATED to lose. He would beat her at almost every game they played against each other. Though Gabrielle knew that he would NEVER beat her at Mario Kart. She was a state renowned champion in days gone by, and Vincent had never played any video games prior to meeting her. She knew that losing to her would take him down a notch.

She sat back down on her couch, beaming smile plastered on her face, and patted the cushion next to her. "Vincent, come here." He looked at her with a stony expression, shaking his head, but obeyed anyway. "You know I love you, right?" she muttered, pressing a soft kiss on his pursed lips. His stern face softened just a little bit as he kissed her back. Instead of vocally replying, he opted just to nod the affirmative. "But you're a sore loser. And you're not gonna beat me in Mario Kart no matter how hard you try."

With that, she stuck out her tongue before going into the kitchen to retrieve some snacks. Though she'd been a vampire for almost three months, Gabrielle still immensely enjoyed human food. She'd originally feared that her taste for the stuff would fade, but was pleasantly surprised that she still craved her favorite things to eat.

Vincent rolled his eyes heavenward, but laughed as he watched Gabrielle walk away. His eyes zeroed in on her swaying hips while she strolled leisurely to the kitchen. Damn, how the hell was he so lucky... so blessed to be bonded to such a wonderful, beautiful woman?

They had been together now for almost a year. While they'd had their conflicts, the reward of being where they were was all worth it. Vincent was struggling to plan something for their anniversary celebration. How could he show Gabrielle just how thankful he was? Dinner just would not cut it this time. Hell, they went to dinner just about every weekend! In fact, they were due to attend another charity dinner in just a few hours. Dinners, Vincent thought, had begun to lose their luster.

No, they needed to do something big.

They needed to... To go on a trip maybe! But to where? London? Paris? Dubai? The possibilities were endless!