Silver Dagger

Cassidy Slung her book-bag over her shoulder making her way to Westdale Highschool,Home of the ravens. This was a new environment, Way different then her old home back in savannah. It was a small town with your average folks and passer-byers.Yet she felt as if something was off. This town seemed too normal, to be normal.

She had been up late last night, working on a case.

In doing so, she really roughed herself up.

Luckily she succeeded in taking down the malevolent spirit who had been led astray, and exiled to spend eternity searching for a way out of an everlasting sense of purgatory.

Cass' side stung as she walked briskly to the beat of 70's rock classics, as she neared the school her phone buzzed in the back pocket of her denim jeans. She grabbed her phone and flipped it open to take the call.

"Hey Cass,you almost here?You are 10 minutes late already" Ethan Chirped as he fiddled his pencil on the table

"Yeah, I'm on my way..-Woke up a bit late" She glanced at her bandaged side checking for blood, yet the bandages stayed in place so she was fine for now.

Cass responded with a bit of hesitation as she looked around for cars before crossing the street.

"Oh alright, Well i have this campaign idea I want to show you. Thought about implementing a Illithid!"

He said with excitement lacing his voice as he read through his notes for the next D&D campaign.

"Sounds cool ethan I'll-" She cut off, noticing something lurking behind the fences on the left side of the school. Black smoke and a strong smell of sulfur seeping from the area.

" Hello? You there?'" Ethan questioned, tapping on the phone to register a response,

"Im here, im here..Im entering the school now. See you in a minute"

She closed the phone,hanging up the call.Making her way towards the fenced in area,where she determined was the source of the rotten-egg like stench.

Her eyes narrowed as she stepped up towards the fence,peering through the open holes.

Cass noticed the glistening of a silvery metal just over the fence, She looked at the top of the fence and with a leap climbed over it with ease.

.

She picked up what she realized to be a dagger with strange carvings on the side and handle of the blade. She took a note-book out of her bag and stuck it inside, looking around to see if anyone noticed. Seeing as no one was in the immediate area, she went back over the fence and made her way to the doors of the school.

Cass walked quickly through the doors as the cool air hit her face sending chills down her spine.

She noticed two familiar faces at one of the near-by lockers, Veronica Windsor and Ethan crow.

Ronnie bounced on her heels as Cass got closer to her.

"Finally your here,what took so long?" He glanced at her arm which was holding her side

"You ok cass? You look like you got jumped or something" Ethan asked concerned for Cassidy's well being.

"Hey Cass! Did you see the last season of stranded? I cannot believe the ending, so unsatisfactory.." Ronnie cut into the conversation

Only then to continue babbling about the show for a few moments.Cass pretended to pay attention but kept thinking about the dagger and what she had seen earlier.

"Im good ethan, I just fell off my bike is all. Roughed myself up a bit, no big deal."

She responded light-heartedly, as she walked down the hallway.