IX: Black Cat: All Hallows' Eve

"The cat has too much spirit to have no heart."

- Ernest Menault

+++++++++++++

I stayed in North America for a while, observing the Deaths and counted all the souls that needs judgment.

As a hobby.

It's usually problematic when the causes of annhilation are from accidents, wars and diseases. Then, I have to count up to thousands and millions.

I've been traveling with the wind for a very long time, letting it decide where I should go next.

Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to find what I've been looking for.

This time of the year the wind travelled faster, not because it wanted too, but tomorrow is All Hallows' Eve.

During All Hallows' Eve, all souls of the dead have permission to go back on Earth and see their loved ones and observed the living until the second of November which is the 'All Souls Day'.

Although the living can't see the dead, unless if they have the Eyes.

The mode of their transportation is the wind or rather they become the wind itself on that night and that means, I have to fly myself.

While in May fifth only a certain number of souls have consent to visit the Earth.

They only ride the wind, not become one.

If you ever felt a change in temperature, heard something out of the ordinary or saw something at the corner of your eyes, that's them.

If they ever bother you just read the Bible, it worked many times.

This time I decided to go back to England and visit the girl.

It looked like she attended various business meetings.

Is she going to celebrate Hallow's Eve here in Cambridge or ignore it like in the past couple years?

+++++++++++++

All Hallows' Eve, 1885:

Cambridge, England

I decided to rent a flat here in Cambridge for two days because of business, Hell business that is.

The last business was in Norwich and it was problematic.

No one ever believes about my capabilities or trusted me.

I've been on this business for a year. I joined last summer but I still don't have the respects I deserved.

Is it because I'm ten? But I will turn eleven soon.

Maybe because they never imagined that a nine years-old could become a member of the Underground business and outsmart some of the veterans.

I can't helped it, business ran through my veins.

***

Tonight is the All Hallows' Eve, it's that time of the year, Memento Mori.

To remember not only the dead, but the day that event happened. How long has it been?

Someone knocked on the door, saw Adrian and hid my diary immediately under my pillows.

"Artemis, I think you should join the celebration," Ariel recommended, while I laid on the pillow protecting my Diary.