II: Yellow Mouse: Massacre

"Now I see!" said the mouse.
"You came here when you said you were invited to be a godfather.
First came Top-off, then it was Half-Gone, and then..."

"Be still," said the Cat. "I'll eat you up, if you say another word."
"All-Gone" was already in the poor mouse's mouth, and she had scarcely said it before the cat jumped on her and swallowed her down.

-Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm's Kinder- und Hausmärchen

+++++++++++++

April 1888:

London, England

Since I finished all my "tasks" early today, I decided to go in the Study Room.

I laid myself on a comfy-cushioned couch as I contain my boredom by reading Alice in
Wonderland, the fifth time in my entire life.

All the time, I always enjoy reading this book.

Not today, though.

As I continued reading, drowsiness took charge of my senses and the book dropped on my forehead.

"Ouch!" I screamed and door that connects to the foyer suddenly opened.

"Are you alright Khaine," Ariel said as she walked to me and knelt beside me.

She put her hand on my forehead and touched the now-red spot.

"I-I'm fine," I said. I could still feel the throbbing sensation from my forehead, but I can't admit that it hurts.

As always she acts like a Mother, but Apollo is...well, that's another story. Unpredictable.

"It looked like you have some spare time in your hands," She continued seeing how bored I was and she handed me a

letter before she added "I think someone has a game for you to play". She stood up and kiss my forehead before she
exited from the room.

I rushed towards the desk and opened the envelope with the paper knife, while dismissing the wax seal that represented its sender.

I opened the letter with gusto which reads as follows:

MY DEAR CAT,

These last few days, I have been feeling utterly dispirited which fueled my sadness over my lovely Albert's passing away.

May God bless his soul!

Will you play this game and unload some of my distress? Hm?

P.S. - Azzurro Vanel

DRINA

As I put the letter inside the drawer a smile crept up on my face as I cracked my knuckles.

"Finally, something to do"

***

Azzurro Vanel...Azzurro...Vane..l, The name keep playing inside head over and over, it sounded very familiar.

"Is something bothering you," Adrian asked as he served my lunch.

Salmon, my favorite.

"No. It's nothing. Actually, it seems like I will be playing as a detective today!" I smiled and put my palms together in happiness.