8

The night went by fast. The girls and I have been watching movies in the room. It was something they didn't mind. The movies were all something they would enjoy so they weren't bored and wanting to go do something elsewhere Emilio was. I was offended that he thought I still stole from people. I wasn't stupid enough to still do it when I had my kids and nowhere for them to go. My siblings would take them if they knew about them but I know they were already struggling as it is by themselves they don't need two more people to take care of.

The girls were sleeping on the bed and have been for four hours. It was around two in the morning and I can't seem to fall asleep. I fell asleep around the same time as the girls and I woke up an hour later from a nightmare and I've been up since.

Silently I leave the room and head downstairs. I tripped over my feet but caught myself when reaching the bottom of the stairs. The light in the kitchen was already on causing me to stop walking. I relax when I hear Emilio's voice in there. He was on the phone and he didn't sound too happy.

"I don't care how long it takes to get it done. Just do it" He grumbled before hanging up and slamming his phone down on the counter. The sound of his screen broke causing me to flinch. I slowly start walking into the kitchen.

"You good?" I ask, my voice was soft trying not to anger Emilio even more. Emilio looked up from his broken phone. He looked over at me before nodding his head.

"Yeah, Why are you up at this time?" He asked, leaning his back against the counter. I grab a glass and fill it with water.

"I couldn't go back to sleep and I got bored of laying in bed so here I am" I take a sip of water. "Why are you up?"

Emilio held up his phone muttering something came up at work. My eyebrows squish together while I glance at the clock.

"It's 3 in the morning. What kind of job do you have?" Emilio looked surprised by my question. He cleared his throat.

"Just a business"

"That needs your attention every minute of every day?" I was just curious about what he does but I've seemed to have overstepped. Emilio gave me a small glare.

"You wouldn't understand or like the type of business I run" I set my glass of water down as my mind starts running through the type of businesses I wouldn't like. There are just too many but one kind of makes sense, that's a gang. Emilio is Lewis's boss and one night when Wilson was out of town Lewis came over with a bullet wound. I decided to pass over the gang idea... For now but there is some good evidence pointing towards that.

"Alright, I have some ideas of what you do" I give him a smile before walking away.

"Are you going to enlighten me with what your ideas are?" Emilio asked following behind me.

"Why should I?" I chuckle. He didn't exactly tell me what he does for a living so why should I tell him what I think he does?

"I'm curious" I stop in my tracks deciding if I should tell him. Nah I'll keep him wondering. Emilio bumps into me causing me to stumble forward. Emilio wraps his arms around my waist to steady me.

"I'm not going to tell you what I think so stop following me" I take Emilio's arms off from around my waist and rush over to the sofa. I turn the tv on before flipping through channels.

Emilio sits on the other end of the couch that I was laying on. He sent me a smirk when he noticed the little glare I sent him for following me. I settled on a criminal minds show. My full attention was on the tv. Every once and awhile I would feel Emilio poke my leg. Every time we watched a movie together he would do this. Like every other night, I ignore him. Emilio continues to poke my leg.

"Emilio" I whine turning to face him. He gave me an innocent smile but mischief was shining brightly in his eyes. The light from the tv was creating a few shadows on his face causing him to look cute. My anger towards him slips away. He can thank the tv lighting for that.

"What I haven't done anything but watch the show" I give him a scowl but go back to watching the tv. Emilio poked me again but this time I grabbed his hand. I looked over at Emilio but his attention was on our hands. He had a smile on his face before he turned his attention to the tv. I roll my eyes at him but go back to watching tv.

After watching the tv for nearly 5 minutes Emilio went back to poking me with his other hand. The nerve of this guy! I looked over at Emilio who was looking at the tv with a smirk.

"Emilio, stop it, I'm just trying to watch tv!" I grumble out of frustration. Emilio pokes me one more time. What does he want?

"What is up with you?"

"Nothing" he shrugged.

"Then why do you keep poking me?"

"I'm bored" He gives me a cute pout.

"Watch the tv and stop poking me" I snap going back to watching the tv. Just when I thought he would listen he jabbed me in the foot. I take a deep breath.

"What can I do for you to make you stop poking me?" Emilio turns to me smiling.

"Come here" Emilio opened his arms up. I let go of his hand before crawling into his side. Once I was leaning against him he closed his arms around me.

"You're so weird" I mutter leaning my head on his shoulder. I finally got to watch the tv which I was excited about. Then there was being in Emilio's arms that soothed and made me feel safe.

Not long after I finally got to watch tv I fell asleep in Emilio's arms. I just wanted to watch tv! But being in Emilio's arms did feel pretty good.