"How?" Indianna asked. "Did they murder my mate and kidnap my best friend?" Indianna regretted the words as soon as they came out. If Stacey was upset about something Indianna had said then Rogue would find out. "I'm sorry," Indianna apologised. "My hormones are all over the place and so are my moods. Don't take it personally."

"It's fine," Stacey smiled. "I've got to get something from my locker before class, come with?"

"Of course," Indianna sighed and forced her aching body to stand. Her world span and a wave of heat washed over her but she managed to put one foot in front of another and follow Stacey out of the canteen.

"So, I was thinking- Indie, babe, are you okay?" Stacey frowned at Indianna as she stumbled and reached out for the wall to support herself. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine. I just feel a little sick." Indianna gasped and closed her eyes. She couldn't see straight and the world was moving. She could feel herself sweating and her head was filled with a loud noise that was making her ears ring. "I'm fine, just a little dizzy. I think-"

"Indie!" Stacey cried out as Indianna fell to her knees.

"I, I just need to-" Indianna fell unconscious before she could say anything else.

*

"Is she going to be okay? The babies could be harmed. What's wrong with her?" Stacey was whispering to Rogue, panic clear in her voice. "She just collapsed in front of me, Jason! I didn't know what to do!"

"You did the right thing by calling me," Rogue said. He looked over at his sister that was unconscious, lying on the couch in his house. "She'll be fine. Eventually."

"Do you know what's wrong with her?"

"It's the mate bond," Rogue muttered. "She's feeling it."

"But how? That's impossible, right?"

"It should be," Rogue sighed. "I'm going to need you to keep a closer eye on Brooklyn. If she starts showing any of the same symptoms that Indianna is you need to tell me straight away."

Stacey nodded and smiled. "Of course, anything for you. So, how are you going to help her?"

Rogue gritted his teeth and frowned, looking intently at Indianna. "Do you think she's suffered? Do you think she's broken?"

"She's not who she used to be," Stacey said. "I watch her when she's with her friends and she doesn't smile. She barely laughs. She's not happy. I think her children and her loyalty to that barbaric pack is the only reason she is here."

"Many wolves die after the loss of their mate," Rogue said.

Stacey frowned. "But she-"

Rogue gave Stacey a look. "So, do you think she's broken?" He repeated. "I want control. Do you think I've got control over her?"

"I think she'd do as you say," Stacey nodded. "No matter what."

Rogue smiled. "Fantastic."

"So, what are you going to do to help her? She can't stay how she is now."

Rogue took a deep breath and crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm going to give her what she needs. What her body is craving."

"You make her think that you're the bad guy," Stacey said and looked up at Rogue with love-filled eyes. "But, you're really not."

"As long as you think that, then that's all that matters."

*

Harry, Kal, and Kimberly returned home after school. It took Kal a lot of effort to drag Harry away from Brooke when they saw each other in the car park.