I: Black Cat: Headquarters

Magsimula sa umpisa

I guess it's time for the girl to rise for the day, and that means I have to go.

But don't worry, we will meet again.

+++++++++++++

March 1888:

London, England

[Blackrose Mansion: Headquarter]

Knock! Knock!

"You may enter," I said as I irritatingly rubbed my sleepy eyes.

I saw a slim, average-height young woman, who is about the age nineteen, entered the room.

She wore her black long-sleeved lady's maid uniform with the white apron. For an average, she is taller than me, perhaps because I am a thirteen year old girl, er, I mean boy.

Suddenly, I felt a cold wind passed over me, which reminded me of the wind from my first day in the Main Estate.

It feels like the wind has been following me.

I sat up and brushed my black bangs away from my face. Then I noticed that my straight hair has gotten longer, reaching down my waist.

While I touch the ends of my hair, that memory tried to creep its way to my vision.

Bang! Bang!

"Good morning, Your Grace," Ariel interrupted and the memory ceased from playing.

The birds chirped in the distance as if they signaled the first month of Spring.

Ariel separated the curtains and opened the windows, letting the sun's ray and the morning breeze of London enter the bedroom chamber.

I looked at her and watched as the wind played with her silver hair and my eyes met her sky-blue eyes that resembled the sunny skies.

I closed my eyes and slowly breathed in some of the air.

I smelled the stench of pollution, prostitution, murders, and corruptions from the city.

"Shut the windows" I shouted.

I hate the smell. I hate London. I hate everything and...I don't know why.

Is it because I don't want to live in here?

"Your Grace, morning air is good for the health," Ariel inquired and gave me a big smile.

"Fine, let it be," I surrendered with a sigh. I can't say no when she smiles like that.

***

I stood on the tiled bathroom floor, removed my white nightdress, and let it dropped softly on the floor.

I looked at my long black hair with hatred. I need to play the part properly. A wig wouldn't be a help anymore.

I looked at the corner and saw a pair of scissors on the laundry basket.

I have a choice to end my life right now but I know that it's not the time yet.