We meet the man who knows it all...

This chapter take place BEFORE Chapter 13!

„How do you know Scott Cawthon?", asked Matt as he drove with Kate to their destination. 

„I worked with him", sighed the woman and looked outside the window, while she was fiddling with a photograph. It showed Nate and herself, smiling into the camera. 

„You did what?!", asked Matthew, obviously shocked, before he paid attention to the road again, dodging a truck in the last second. 

„I know, it sounds weird", said Kate and a tear escaped her eye, „But he was another man then. His career was almost over after years of trying to be a game developer. For his last game... He wanted my help, so he could finish it faster. He had no hope in it, imagined it to flop just like the others. The game was called Five nights at Freddy's." 

„You helped him with it?" 

„We were practically in the same boat! I just wanted to help him, maybe give him a better game, so he would receive a bit more attention. And for me too", sighed Katherine and hugged the photo, before putting it back into her pocket. 

„But I never heard from you in the games", said Matthew concerned as they passed more houses, „What happened?" 

„Everything did go smoothly first. I helped him, we were practically partners. And then the game did come out. It was a success. A really big success. More than everyone expected. But my name wasn't mentioned. Scott just erased it from everything, pretending like I never existed", she whispered, you could hear her anger, „I tried to get him with the law, but I had no prove. So I lost the case." 

„I never knew he did that", said Matt quietly and parked before a house, „Are you ready?"

„I'm ready to kick his ass", said Katherine happily and cracked her neck, „Bring it on." 

„That's why I love you", murmured Matt before knocking at the door. 

Surprisingly, not a butler opened, but a very pale Scott Cawthon in a white bathrobe, who looked like he just woke up. He looked very bored at Matt, before seeing Kate standing behind him, immediately growing more pale. 

„Kate?", he asked, „It's... been a while..." 

„Stop that", said Katherine, her tone harsh and cold, „We have to talk. Now." 

„Of course", said the Englishman and opened the door, letting them in, „Shall I fetch you some tea or..." 

„Stop pretending like you don't know what's happening!", snapped the black haired woman and closed the door, „You know why I'm here!" 

„Look Katy..." 

„Don't you dare to call her that!", exclaimed Matt and put protective an arm around her. 

„I'm sorry for what happened with this whole game stealing thing, I'm...", tried Scott to apologise, but was cut off by Katherine: „That's not the point why I'm here. Nate has gone missing and it's with a high probability your fault." 

„You spoke Phone guy in the whole games", continued Matt and stepped more near to Scott, anger written on his face, „And now we're threatened by someone who is exactly like Phone guy and who already has driven Nate to insanity! Don't you think that's a bit awkward?!" 

„Despite the fact that he has gone missing in the area where a Chuck E Cheese's is located, which is bought by YOU!", added Kate furiously. 

Scott was quiet for a few seconds before whispering: „William..." 

„What?", asked Matt, „Could you repeat that please?" 

But Kate already seemed to understood him, because she backed up, murmuring: „How could I miss that..." 

„Could someone please tell me what's going on?", asked Matt clueless. 

„Who is Purple guy?", asked Katherine while looking at the floor, seeming to be lost in her thoughts. 

„In the books?", asked the theorist, „William Afton, as far as I know." 

„Exactly", murmured Scott, while he looked like he would pass out any second, „He is based on a real person who worked with Katherine and me." 

„And what you saying is that", stuttered Matthew, bringing together the puzzle pieces in his mind, „he is also the Phone guy in reality?" 

„He is insane", said Kate and looked at her boyfriend, „He was in an asylum after his son died and he was framed, but he saved himself with insanity. He was the one that worked for me until the day I met you." 

„But how is that...", said Matt before a ringing of a phone interrupted. 

„Oh no", said Kate and Matt synchrone before looking at the phone. One the display was a simply message from an anonymous number: 

Two and a half down.