The case started

„...and that's the whole theory in short." Katherine looked up from her drawing to look an excited Matpat into his brown eyes. 

„If that's the short version, I don't want to know what the normal or long version is", she said and smiled. 

„But you have to hear it, because in an hour or so I'll do a livestream where we'll discuss this whole theory. And the best is, that Markiplier is gonna be there too! You're gonna like him, I'm sure about that", explained the theorist and sat down next to his friend. He didn't ask her if she wanted to be his girlfriend, so officially they were friends, even if they had been on a few dates together. Kate's eyes lit up for a moment, before she continued to draw something that looked like a little figure dressed in a raincoat. 

„When is he gonna arrive?" 

Matt looked at his watch and said: „Any second now." Right as he called it, the door bell rang and Matthew stood up. 

„Don't worry, I'll go", said Kate and smiled before going to the door. As she opened it, it revealed a smiling man with suntanned skin, kind brown eyes and red hair. 

„Hi", said the woman and grinned, „You must be Mark Fischbach, on the platform youtube known as ‚Markiplier', am I right?" 

Mark nodded confused and asked: „And who are you and where is Matpat?" 

„Oh, my apologies. My name is Katherine Sharp, a game developer, you played my game too as I've heard. Matthew is inside, please do come in." 

And with that she opened the door wide enough so that Mark could enter. Inside Matthew had already given Mark a forceful manhug, before sitting down again. 

„Which game did I play that was made by you?", asked Mark and watched how Katherine sat down on the couch next to Matthew. 

„It's called -Look-", answered Matt the question and layed an arm around Kate, „And I haven't seen such a complicated game since Fnaf." 

„Okay, I remember playing that. Anyway, when did you plan to start the stream?" 

„Oh, we can start right away", said Matpat and stood up to get his camera and laptop. 

„Why did you call me here for this?", asked Kate and put her drawing away, „I'm a game developer, not a theorist or youtuber." 

„That may be true", said Matt and sat down again in order to start the stream, „But you're also my friend and you're important to me."

Kate blushed and looked into the camera as the livestream started. And in the first minutes, there wasn't anything that did go wrong. Matthew explained the purpose of the stream and then started to narrate about his new theory. But then, something odd happened.

„...that's how he could have killed all of these kids. Some of you may have thought that purple guy is phone guy, but trust me, I tried. It's not going to work. Phone guy is..."

Raaang.

A ringing of a telephone interrupted him and he looked to Kate, who had her phone in her hand. „I'm sorry, it's not going to take long", she murmured and pressed the green button, „Hello?"

She had forgotten that her phone was still loud and right as she wanted to change that, the voice on the other side began to talk: „Hello? Hello, hello? Oh hey, I bet that is one call you weren't expecting, right?" 

Katherine immediately became pale and so did Matthew and Mark. This voice... It was so familiar. 

„However, Henry or Katherine, it doesn't matter how I call you. If you hear this, you shall better be careful what happens next. I may have patience, but you have overplayed mine. And now, I'll finish my goal, no matter what. And the good thing is, that your good friend Matpat or boyfriend, I don't know, has some other friends who will be perfect for that. 

I think I'll start tomorrow with my first victim, shall I? And remember Henry: There's nowhere you can go that I won't find you. There's no place you can hide, that I won't kill you. Keep that in mind. Until then", said the voice and hung up. 

Matthew had already turned off the stream and written in the chat that they would finish it as soon as possible. 

„Katherine", asked Matt and turned to the crying woman, „Who was that?" 

„I don't know", whispered Kate and buried her face in her hands, „But it didn't sound good." 

„If that f*cker will do anything to you, I will show him that I'm the KING OF FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDYS!", yelled Mark and achieved a laughter from Kate and Matthew. 

„He sounded a bit like the phone guy", said Matt and gave Kate a hug to comfort her, „But not entirely. Whoever he was, he wants to kill you. And as he said, he knows that we're in a friendship. If his „goal", as he called it, is to kill, then he will also go after me and my friends. I don't know who's it gonna be and if it just isn't a stupid joke. But if it isn't, we're all in danger." 

„I didn't want that", sobbed Katherine, „I didn't want to get you guys in trouble." 

„It's okay", said Mark, „I'll just say Jack that he shall stay home with Chica. He...Wait! Phone guy did call you Henry, am I right?" 

They both nodded, until Matthew realised what he meant: „He talked about his first victim, that he will get tomorrow. And who was the first victim of purple guy? Henry's daughter." 

„But I don't have a daughter!", protested Katherine, „Who could he possibly mean?" 

„We'll find that out", said Matthew and stood up, „That's my job after all. I'll propose that Katherine will stay here, it's not safe to go out for her now. Mark, what will you do?" 

„I'll go home and get Jack. I don't want that something might happen to him." Matpat nodded and Mark left the house. 

„What time is it?", asked Kate and buried her face in Matthew's chest. 

„It's 11:59 am", answered Matt and put an arm around her, „And I wanted to ask you something, even if that isn't the right time: Will you be my girlfriend?" 

„I think you have to ask Nate for that, but I say yes and...Oh!" 

„What is it?", asked Matthew concerned. 

„I know who the first victim is!", yelled Kate and stood up, „We have to go before it's too late!" 

„But who is it?!", asked Matt and followed her outside the door. Katherine didn't respond and just ran, with the hope to arrive in time.