6 hours later

You were sitting on the couch, looking at pictures that you'd taken of Changbin, pausing on the oldest one, you stared at your smiling face as he kissed you. Not a hint of unhappiness. What happened?  You don't date someone for four years if you don't love them. Not because no one else would put up with you? Right?

You pulled the blanket up closer to your chin. 12 am. Putting the clock there was his idea.

You've treated Changbin like garbage for the better part of your relationship. Yet he still talked about marrying you a few years ago, wanting a family with you always, and never once hit you back. There's gotta be something wrong with him. And best-case scenario, if he didn't love you anymore, you could break up and you could be happy with Chris. If he still wanted you... 

"Y/n?" His voice rang out from the other side of the couch, startling you. He leaned on the backrest, reaching out to wipe the tear from your cheek that you didn't know was there. "It's my turn to sleep h-"

"What's wrong with you?" You blurted, sitting up, showing him your phone.

"Excuse me?" He asked, taken aback.

"Look, Changbin," you insisted shoving your phone in his hand.

"Our one-month anniversary?" He raised an eyebrow at you. "what about it-"

"We were so in love."

"Yeah, and?"

"Do you love me the same then as you do now?"

He bit his tongue, handing your phone back.

"Be honest, Bin."

"No," He said quietly, "I guess not."

You opened your mouth to ask another question when he spoke.

"But that doesn't mean I don't still love you, I guess... Why?"

"No reason," you said, waving him off defeatedly. 

Changbin left, mumbling about how it was still his turn to sleep on the couch, but clicking the light off anyway.

You started to drift into sleep. when your phone dinged, lighting up your vision through your closed eyes. Your eyes fluttered open, staring at the message notification, wide-eyed.

Chris: Can we talk about getting back together?

Your heart fluttered and sunk simultaneously as the notification flipped away.