Chapter 11 | Grace

Start from the beginning

He grunts "yeah maybe, anyway how's uh what's his face there, um Liam?"

I pause wishing we hadn't landed on this topic.

"l leo?"

Seth snaps his fingers and I hear it through the phone "yes that's the one! How's he? I mean your living in his house so hopefully it's not to bad"

I quickly think of a neutral way to end the subject "we mostly stay away from each other, I don't know... he does his thing and I do mine I guess"

Seth sounds confused "Oh, that's kind of unlike you, but maybe he's just a more closed off guy. When do you start your college classes?"

I'm happy he doesn't dig deeper, and I focus on answering his new question.

"I'm finishing up my 12th year credits this week so soon I guess, I have to talk to Leo"

I hear his t.v turn on and would bet money he's going to start playing video games.

"good way for you guys to get to know each other"

I cringe at the thought "yeah I guess it is"

I try to sound hopeful, excited even, but I doubt I do, however Seth is too absorbed in his game now to really notice anyway. Usually I'd be annoyed by this, but today I'm happy to have him oblivious to my awkwardness, knowing if Seth asked he'd get the truth out of me, and I really didn't want to share the truth.

We stay on the phone for another 20 minuets, but through our mindless conversation I could tell Seth was now more preoccupied with his game then talking to me.

"hey Seth I'm going to go shower I'll talk to you later"

I hear him curse at his game before responding "okay Gracie I love you bye"

I smile and feel my eyes heat up with tears "I love you to"

I hang up before I cry and toss my phone onto my bed. Heading to the closet I open the doors staring at the small amounts of clothes I have with me deciding that shorts and a colourful top would hopefully influence my mood into a better one. Grabbing the clothes I decide to head across the hall to shower hoping to clear my head before I go over to the garage.

I don't take very long in the shower, although longer then usual taking the extra time to shave my legs, Leo's shower is very luxurious compared to the one at home so I really enjoy taking showers here. I put on my underwear but realize quickly I left my clothes including my bra in my room.

I wrap a towel around myself and open the bathroom door to step into the hall, I can see my bedroom door only a measly 3 steps away, but in the way is Leo. I jump back slightly and tighten my grip on my towel.

"Leo, you s scared me"

He smiles slightly but his eyes quickly drift down before coming back up again and focusing on my face "sorry" he says simply I nod and hope he plans on moving out of my way, but instead he steps closer.

I feel like the breath in my lungs has been sucked away as I feel my body go ridged. His hand shoots up and he places it on my bare shoulder before running his thumb across my collar bone collecting the water droplets dripping down.

He lifts his thumb to his mouth and sucks the water off before meeting my eyes again "you're dripping on my floor" his tone has become darker and demanding.

I shiver "uh s sorry"

His whole demeanor confuses me. Where his tone is dark his eyes hold a hint of excitement or playfulness yet it's still hostile. His eyes flick down and up again before his lip lifts slightly to the side, once it returns back to a straight line on his face I take note of the way his eyes darken, this mood is very similar to the one last night and again I feel scared.