Chapter Seven: It Doesn't Feel Like It When You Don't Feel It

Start from the beginning

He walked to our direction, stiffed in fear that I might collapse on my knees any moment, that I didn't. "What's Jay doing with you?"

I was right with the nickname part. That's cringe.

"I- uh... how do I explain..." I muttered weakly and looked down at him as Jayden slurred again, this time the distinguishable word was 'wheels'.

Owen's left eyebrows scooched up in confusion. Or I guess he already predicted something. Blurting garbled words, Owen nods in understand and I wished for that moment I could curl into a ball and someone could push me into a grave and cover them with mud all over so I would be not visible.

"Ditching school and drinking?"

I sighed and wagged my head. "It was actually him and his other friends, he kind of forced me with them."

Lie. He barely encouraged me and most of the part was me who wanted to go with them. I thought him a zombie too and still I went. But my decision was fine, I was late in Chemistry class the teacher would criticized me anyways, so I think it's okay.

"You won't tell Blake will you?" I asked him, feeling so exposed all of a sudden.

He laughed for the first time and slipped his hand between the side of my body where Jayden and I was pressed involuntarily and his back as he smoothly drew Jayden to his hands from mine.

My whole frame fundamentally landed on the floor and I leaned my back on one of the lockers, the pain of carrying the fatass spreading all over my body as I closed my eyes slowly. I heard a sound of moving until the sound of some one's back hitting the locker entered my ears.

"I don't think so." He answers my question at last. A smile finds it's way to my lips when I felt Owen puts his hands on my knees and squeezed it for a second and that was the time when I realized it was gnawing badly.

"I never knew bunking was that hard." I feebly said as he drew circles on my thigh delicately. Owen perhaps laughed noiselessly but I don't know. His fingers felt so good on my legs that I didn't say anything further.

"It isn't apparently." He softly said. I thrust my chins upward to support my head on the cold iron material of the locker. "unless you count drinking in a club in broad daylight..."

"It was a pub."

"Sure."

"What do you want, I was fine on my own." 

Owen stayed silent for a second before blurting out. "It doesn't feel like it when you don't feel it."

Opening my eyes, I glanced at him sideways. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I mean," he tittered. "Let's say you're walking since one hour because something extremely exciting will be coming up if you walk another thirty minutes, let's say in an amusing park, you'll be feeling exhausted, won't you?" I apprehended Jayden saying 'Yay! Exciting place! Is it the amusement park?' Owen ignored him.

"I will. Who wouldn't?"

"But you're way too excited to feel the thrill so when you've reached the place, you'll forget all the hard works you've done before, the walking, the leg aches, isn't that right?"

I thought about it for a second. In one way, he was right. "Yeah. But what's the point?"

"My point is," he said. "If you were really wanting to join them, were really wanting to feel all the thrill, you would surely think what they did was fun, wouldn't you?"

"I would."

"Do you?"

I thought. "What they did wasn't right but I guess their definition of fun may not be similar to mine."