He extended his arms, pulling the ravenette to a gentle, friendly embrace. The ravenette head's stopped at his chest. His smaller figure put his hands on the crying man's back. He could feel him trembling greatly.

"W- Why...!? Why isn't your heart beating!?"

Rush of emotion waved over him as he felt himself no longer could hold back. The things he always wanted to say to his bestfriend, the emotions and feelings he always felt, that hopelessness he hate, finally opened up on his embrace.

"Sabito...! I'm sorry! I'm sorry...!"

Regret and guilt were the things accompanying him on his life.

All this time he felt like trash, he didn't deserve anything he have right now.

Even his feeling for the Blossom Pillar is a reminder of how unworthy he actually is.

"If it's you... You will be stronger than anyone...! You may even go with Rengoku and help him defeat that Upper Moon. You may even prevent Kibutsuji from hurting Chihiro! And you, I'm sure you will make Chihiro happy! If it's not for me being so weak...!"

He finally let it all out, through his sobs.

"Is that what you truly feel?"

Still sobbing, he looked up. Finally getting his attention, Sabito closed his eyes for awhile, before opening it up again shortly. He tilted his head a little, his stare so gentle.

"Giyū, I'm glad, that side of you that always care about others never change. But—"

What Sabito said next left the pillar dumbfounded.

"Have you ever thought what the others truly feel?"

His sobbings came to a stop as he stared at his friend with wide eyes. "What..."

He sighed, as if expecting his friend's reaction. "Do you know what Chihiro feel?"

I don't.

Observing Giyū's reaction, he smiled even further. "You know... I never regret, saving everyone that day, on Fujikasane Mountain. Never even for one bit. What I regret, is that maybe I should have practiced harder. So..."

He grabbed Giyū's shoulder. "Don't ever think that it was your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. Stop, Giyū. Stop hurting yourself. Do you think that's what I want you to do when I save you?"

He stared at him blankly, his emotions  mixed together.

"No! I want you to live! I'm sure, that's what your big sister feel too!"

That moment, Giyū felt like he was back to being his thirteen years old self. He cried and cried, letting out his sadness and regret. "I don't want you to die! I want to keep living with you! I want you to live happily with Chihiro, the three of us!"

His sobs continue for who knows how long. Sabito felt like crying too, but, now, it was his friend who need to cry, not him. For years, he kept all of his feelings bottled up, suffering by himself. After the ravenette calmed down, the boy decided to tell him his secret. He felt like Giyū needed to know.

"You know, I already confessed my feeling to her."

What.

Giyū jolted, sitting straight. He was completely surprised with his friend's confession. "What? How? Why? When?" was the only thing on his mind now.

Sabito laughed by the ravenette's reaction, a genuine, loud laugh. "A day before she left with Kaguya-san. After you were asleep."

He stared at him unbelievably, shocked.

"I'm sorry I never told you, thought."

Giyū just shook his head slightly, his head still processing what he said. After awhile, he finally opened his mouth again.

"W- What did... she say...?"

Giyū looked down, not daring to see Sabito.

Sabito looked at him, who tried to divert his gaze away, amusing him.

He stand up.

It's time to leave.

Giyū looked from his peripheral vision, confused as to why is he standing. "Sa—"

"That is something... You need to ask her yourself, right?"

He turned up his face so quick, caught off guard with his answer. There, Sabito looked down at him, a knowing smile on his face.

"You think I don't know about what you feel about her?"

"Huh?"

"That night... When I asked what you feel towards her, I know. I know you're lying."

Giyū felt a little, new guilt creeping on him. "That is..."

He heard Sabito laughed again, stopping him from continuing.

"Do you really think I didn't notice? You're really obvious, I think everyone know."

The pillar frowned a little, the lightest hue of pink on his cheeks.

Sabito's extended hand came to his view, which he grabbed instantly. Sabito quickly pulled him up, smiling. Making sure he already stood up, he pushed him from behind.

"Sabito?"

"Go. She's waiting."

"But, you..." He hesitantly grabbed his hand again, afraid of letting go.

Sabito sighed. "Man, there's no helping you, isn't there?"

He pulled his hand slowly, out from Giyū's hold.

"It's okay. I'm not going anywhere. I will always be here, with everyone."

He stared at him weirdly. "Everyone?"

What he saw completely perplexed him, in front of him, not just Sabito was there, but many other ones, wearing the familiar masks, each with distinctive details, on each of their faces. A small figure with pink, flowery kimono stepped beside Sabito. Her hands connected behind her back.

"It's okay, we will always look after you, our friend."

Sabito looked at her, nodding. Slowly, one by one, they turned around, walking further and further.

"Sabito!" He run, approaching his friend. Once again, they embraced each other. "Once again, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry."

Sabito laughed. "It's not your fault. Stop it. And, is that what you wanted to say to me now?"

He shook his head frantically. He let himself calm down, breathing in and out. Slowly, a rare, wide smile made its way to the usually stoic Water Pillar.

"Thank you, Sabito. I'm glad, you are my bestfriend."

The said boy nodded, looking satisfied. "I'm glad you're my best friend too."

Just like in the past, when they argued, they would laughed at it in the end, smiling at each other.

Slowly, the boy let go of his friend, turning around. He glanced back a little, a small smile still on his face.

"Giyū, this time, be sure to ask her what she feel."

He wear his mask, before continuing to walk again.

"And don't forget, to also tell what you really feel."

I know you can make her happy, Giyū.

Live, for me, for your big sister, and for Chihiro too.

Giyū stared at him, who disappeared to the darkness, leaving him alone. Now, that he already let out what he felt, he never felt any better.

At first, he didn't know, if that Sabito was truly him, or just a consciousness of himself.

But now, he could say with certainty, that smile, that personality, that was truly Sabito.

He closed his eyes, feeling the heavy burden lifted off him.

Thank you, Sabito.

———— ❁ ✿ ❁ ————