Percy and the hunters

Johns POV.            No mist
Hey I'm John Lee. Today was just a normal day in mythology class. You may be wondering why we had a class just for that. See, the Greek and Roman gods revealed themselves a few weeks ago. A lot of kids started claiming to be demigods. I'm not sure I believed them. I know my friend Percy doesn't. He always laughs and walks away. But anyway back to mythology. The teacher was pairing us up for a project. Something about doing a project on a god, goddess, hero, monster or something like that. I wasn't really listening. I glanced over at Percy, who I guess wasn't listening either since he was taking a nap. Which he does every day in this class, and he still gets A's!

"John and Percy." Said the teacher. As soon as the teacher said his name Percy immediately sat up.

what?" He asked.

"Mr Jackson you will be paired with Mr Lee for your project."

Said our mythology teacher. Percy still looked confused but shrugged and smiled at me.

———— ———-skip to lunch————————

"Hey." Percy said as he sat down next to me. "I hope you were listening in class because I wasn't."

"Yeah I noticed when you started drooling. I wasn't paying much attention but I gathered something about Gods, goddesses, and all that stuff."

"Cool, easy A." He replied.

"How do you know so much about mythology?"
I questioned. Like every time a asked this he tensed and didn't give me a good answer.

"I guess it comes easy." He said then changed the subject. "So do you want to go to my place or yours?"

"Um, lets go to yours."

"Ok cool see you after school." He said then left  right before the bell rang. He always has perfect timing.

———— skip again to after school————

I walk out of school to see Percy pushed up against a tree by the school bully Bryce Brown. I walked closer and watched. To afraid to do anything.

"Guess what Jackson I am the favorite child of Poseidon." I hear Bryce say. Instead of cowering In fear, which is what I would do in that situation. Percy laughed. He laughed!

"You are no demigod much less the the favorite child of Poseidon!"
Said Percy. He kicked Bryce's legs out from under him and walked over to me.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I was still a bit in shock about what he had just done, I just nodded. No one ever stands up to Bryce. Like ever. He is this giant football player that could be real scary if he wanted to.

We started walking towards Percy's place which was not far from the school. "So." I started."what do you who do you want to do for the project?" I asked.

"Maybe like Athena or Hermes. Artemis is pretty cool too." Percy suggested.

"Hermes sounds good." I decided.

We were working on our project when the apartment door swung open. About eight girls in silver burst in led by a girl with choppy black hair and piercing blue eyes. I looked over at Percy who didn't seemed alarmed at all.

"Thalia how many times do I have to tell you that you don't live here and to knock?" Asked Percy.

"I don't live anywhere Percy but I will never knock." Said the lead girl. "But we need a place to rest we are stretched thin and low on resources. Do you happen to have any..."she glanced at me, "um first aid kits?" She asked. It was getting weirder by the second.

"Yeah come on I have some." Percy led her into his room which left me with a bunch of random, scary girls glaring at me. I didn't dare speak. I had a feeling it would be the safest option. Luckily Percy came back. The girl, Thalia was holding a canteen, some pastry things and a first aid kit. She started distributing her supplies to the girls who, I didn't realize at first, had slight injuries. How did I miss that? But as they ate and drank their injuries healed. Like I said. Weird.

"So Percy, would you mind introducing me to your,uh friends?" I asked.

"Um, sure. This is my, uh cousin Thalia and these are her um, friends. They visit when they are in town. Girls this is my uh, school friend John."

I waved but that just earned me more glares. One of the girls looked over at our project. "Hermes huh? You should have done Artemis." Then something in my mind clicked. Girls dressed in silver. Artemis. Could these be the hunters of Artemis? But why would they be in Percy's apartment.
"Your the hunters of Artemis!" I blurted out.

Thalia studied me.

"And your mortal." She pointed out. "Man I wish the mist was working, so much easier to mess with mortal minds." I heard her mutter. Even though I'm fairly certain that I wasn't supposed to hear that. "Yes we are the hunters of Artemis. I am Thalia daughter of Zeus, lieutenant of the hunters of Artemis. But be warned there is many more than just eight of us."

She looked at me as if I had just done something wrong. I looked at Percy. "Who are you really?" I asked.

I am Percy Jackson son of Poseidon, the only living demigod child of Poseidon I should add. I have a bunch of other titles that I would rather not say,"

"Thank gods!" Interrupted Thalia "We would be here for hours" she said in a mix between sarcastic and annoyed.

"As I was saying." Continued Percy, "I will just say I am a hero of Olympus."

I stood there stunned. My friend was a demigod.

"It's best you forget about all of this. And you probably won't see me again." Said Percy.

I grabbed all of my things, including our project and left. Percy was right, I never saw him again but I still wonder what happened to him after I left his apartment.