Story 14: The Time I Trucked Up

Start from the beginning

"Stanley," said Ford, "What are the odds this guy even works there?"

"Look Ford, everyone in the car business either knows each other or has contacts," said Stan, "They don't lie...especially with stolen cars. Plus, in those ten years after dad kicked me out and before I came to see you in Gravity Falls, I gained a fair amount of contacts in both the car industry and the overpriced teen coffee house industry. So, you just have to trust me on this one."

"I am," said Ford, "But what's with the bag of weapons?"

"Just in case we need to go mafia on those deadbeats. I mean, I also have contacts there...just in case."

Soon, Stan, and a very nervous Ford arrived at the first of many Buckstars locations. The two walked into the overpriced coffee shop and got in line.

"I can help the next customer!" yelled a lady from an open counter.

"Yeah, I'll take a double espresso," said Stan, "Ford, you want anything?"

"Yeah, just a regular," he said.

"That'll be $6.18 sir, you can pick it up over there," said the lady, as she pointed to the pickup area.

Stan then leaned in, "You mind if I ask you something?"

"Uh, what?" said the lady.

"My friend was at the repair shop down the street on Audwin Avenue and the guy in front of him leaves and drops this," said Stan as he pulled out a clip of dollar bills. "And we'd like to give it back to him. My friend said he was wearing the same uniform that you guys here have on. He also said he was tall, had black hair, and I think, a gold chain necklace."

"I'm sorry sir," said the lady, "But these stores are everywhere. You're looking for a needle in a haystack."

"So, I am," he replied, with a smile, "Thanks anyways."

After they got their coffees, Stan and Ford stuck around in the shop chatting up the employees and even customers to try and find someone who matched the description of the guy they were looking for, but to no avail.

Coffee shop after coffee shop, Stan and Ford asked the same questions and each time got nowhere closer to finding the thieves. Finally, at shop number 12, Ford decided to wait outside while Stan did the talking. Several minutes later, he returned looking pleased.

"You look like you've won the lottery."

"Guess you could say I have," said Stan, "A guy who works at this branch matches the description of our car thief. Dudes name is Harry...Bert, I don't know. College student by the looks of thing. Him and his roommate both work here and, I got the address."

"Great," said Ford, "My legs are killing me. Can we go find these two College jocks already and get this over with?"

The two drove to the nearby apartment complex. Stan then grabbed his bag of "goodies" and the two approached the apartment in the address.

"Remember what I told you?" said Stan.

"Yes," said Ford, "Be threatening but don't hurt them."

"Well, I mean, unless they refuse to comply of course," said Stan with a wink, as he grabbed his baseball bat.

Ford then knocked the door.

"Who is it?" said a voice from inside.

"Humulahumulayafranistan," said Stan, talking gibberish. 

"What?" said the voice.

"Franistan!" yelled Stan.

The sound of the door lock unlocking then filled the hallway as it opened ever so slightly. A tall young man with black hair and a gold necklace, just like the guy they were looking for opened the door.