Part 4

Silence... No response, but I heard movement. He must be in there. I slowly opened the door. "Hello? Mr. Afton?" I called out. But there was no response. I moved slowly into the dark room. This one seemed darker than the rest. To my right was some kind of shelf. In front of me, was a desk, a chair, and maybe some crates? It was hard to make out. I started to walk over to the desk to see if there was a note that was left when the crate moved. I screamed and fell backward trying to get away. My heart pounded so hard I could hear it in my ears. I had not felt this kind of fear since... Those Nightmares.

          Suddenly I heard a grinding noise that I had heard moments ago through the door, along with some other metallic noise. I quickly tried to distance myself from the moving object. "Hello," a voice spoke. It was calming, yet the way it pierced the silence was intimidating. Two dark blue lights lit up over by the crates. I could make out this figure more with this little bit of light. It was humanoid, but the nose seemed really long. "I am Nyx Nightingale! How can I help you today?" As she said that, her tail and ears came into view as she got closer. "holy... you scared me to..." I said, trying to catch my breath and figure out. "wait so you're going to help me?"

"that's right!"

"so where's Afton?" I asked. It seemed to take a moment for the computer to understand the command. It almost was like it was thinking. "You must be the new nightman! I will help you with your nights here!" Maybe it did not understand the command. "ok then... but where is-"

"Mr. Afton is not around right now. Allow me to show you to your room." It was able to interrupt me and predict what I was about to say. This AI must be super complex. Wait, If Afton is not here, who wrote the letter? Well, I mean I need someone to show me around so... "I guess then, you lead the way"