• t w e n t y o n e •

[Y/N]'s POV

  "Bakugou!!" I screeched, shaking his shoulders as hard as I could. He finally woke, flinching at my tone. He coughed, looking up at me. He squinted his eyes, breathing slowly.
  "Bakugou, you're awake!" I hugged him tightly, not caring if he hated it.
  "Wha—..." He huffed, looking up at the others with confusion.
  "What the hell..?" He mumbled, clearly still out of it. I hugged him tighter, he winced and grunted. I quickly pulled away, realizing I was hurting him and apologized.

  "Here, get up." I said, pulling him up. He huffed, shaking his head softly as he blinked, staring at his feet.
  "Bakugou, are you alright?" Mr. Aizawa asked, the other classmates stared with concern.
  "Yeah, whatever." He said, looking up at him. He huffed, his breath shaky. Clearly something wasn't just 'whatever' and I was the only one to notice. Why?

  "What happened to you? You were out for a good ten minutes!" Kirishima said, worried as usual.
  "I.." He trailed off almost immediately.
  "Bakugou?" I tilted my head at him, placing a hand on his shoulder.
  "Get off." He shoved my hands away and stood up.
  "Don't ask me what happened or if I'm okay or anything like that, all you're going to get is the side of my fist. Got that?" He growled, walking away. He angrily shoved his hands into his pockets and headed towards the school. I huffed, looking at him with concern. His words didn't seem.. Truthful. His voice was almost empty... He didn't mean it, there's something wrong.

  I immediately chased after him, clenching my fists.
  "[Y/N]?" I heard Deku call out, I ran up to Bakugou and gritted my teeth. He stopped and turned around, his eyes trailing up to meet my fist as I punched him across the face. He stumbled, leaning over so his back faced the sky. His eyes were wide, covered by his hair. I huffed, my fist hurt but I ignored the pain. I frowned at him, the lump in my throat staying. I heard gasps coming from the group, they stayed in the background though.
  "So you think you're too good for us, huh?" I said loud enough for him to hear.
  "You think you can just hide away all your problems from anyone you can.. And for what?!" I screamed, feeling my eyes tear up and I couldn't breathe.
  "What the hell.. Do you think you're doing?!" He grabbed the collar of my shirt angrily, eyes wide with irritation, but I didn't care. He wasn't being fair, it hurt; it hurt more that he couldn't see that.
  "I've already got enough problems dealing with your bitch-ass, so stop being such a pushover and get over yourself!!" He yelled, shoving me away.
  "If you're so eager to dump all your problems on someone, find someone else. You're not worth my time." He said before walking away again, this time, I didn't stop him.

———————————————

{Katsuki Bakugou}

  I walked until I reached my dorm room, slamming the door shut. I sat down on the bed, my elbows resting on my knees as I grasped my head in frustration.

Damn it.. Why did I get so angry?

  I sighed, closing my burning eyes. My head was spinning, I couldn't think straight. I didn't want to go to class and see the others but I didn't want to miss out either..

I should probably—

  I passed out, falling onto my side on the bed. I don't know how long I slept, when I woke up it was 5 am. I got into a black tank top and went outside, walking around in the fake city the school built for their exams. I slid my hands into my pockets, closing my eyes as I sighed aloud. It was peaceful, quiet. There were no annoying ass people or birds around to disturb the silence. All I could hear was my footsteps and—...

Someone's following me.

  I snapped my eyes open, clenching the insides of my pockets as I pretended as if I hadn't noticed. My eyes shifted slightly, wanting to see who it was.

Wait, why the hell am I being cautious? Just pounce on them when their guard is the lowest!

  I whipped around, throwing myself at them. I pinned them down to the ground, eyes widening to see the damned new kid.
  "W- What the hell?!" I exclaimed, standing up. It was just her, I should've seen this coming...
  "Why the hell are you following me, you creepy bitch?!" I yelled, eye twitching slightly.
  "I was worried, you buffoon!" She yelled back, crossing her arms.
  "Why would you be worried? I can handle myself. Do you think I'm that weak?" I narrowed my eyes, "I'm not."
  "Yeah? Well then, why are you always getting hurt Lord Explosion Murder?" [Y/N] said, raising an eyebrow.
  "Shut the fuck up." I scowled, turning around. 
  "You shouldn't be here. If you get caught, you'll get in trouble." I said, hoping she'd just leave.
"Then I'll get in trouble. Big deal." She said, walking up beside me. She smiled lightly, glancing at me before looking up forward. I sighed silently, the chilly breeze on my bare skin. I shivered slightly, goosebumps infesting my skin.
"Cold, tough guy?" She chuckled mockingly at me, placing a hand over her mouth.
"Shut the fuck up before I blast you all the way to hell." I grumbled, shrugging into my shoulders.

  We eventually somehow made it on the roof of some broken building, it's sold were all crumbled and missing a lot of chunks. Her legs dangled off the edge as I stood, looking over at all the ruined buildings. I could almost see the school from there. For a moment, I could've sworn [Y/N] was staring at me.
  "What are you looking at?" I growled, looking over at her as I narrowed my eyes.
  "N-Nothing.!" She said, looking away as her face turned bright red from embarrassment.
  "Tch." I looked away, crossing my arms.
  "Aren't you gonna sit?" She asked, suddenly sounding polite. I hated that.
  "Why?" I sneered at her, my nose wrinkling slightly.
  "Just cause.. I want to sit with you." She smiled up at me, her eyes squinting slightly. I blinked, looking away as my expression relaxed.
  "Whatever." I muttered, sitting down crisscrossing my legs. I rested my elbow on my knee, chin against my palm. I looked at the sky, the sun was coming up. It was like the blue sky was now painted gold with a hint of red, it was oddly pleasing to look at. I felt at ease, after everything, I felt so calm. I glanced over at [Y/N], only to see her looking back with dumbfounded looking eyes. I blinked, surprised, as did she. We quickly looked away from each other, awkward.

"It's nice, isn't it?" She asked, "The sky." She looked back at me, smiling. Her face was beet red. I smirked, scoffing.
"Yeah, you're about the same colour as it." I said, raising an eyebrow.
"No I am not!" She slapped me playfully, laughing. I pressed my lips together, looking down at the ground beneath us. Everything was silent again.
"Can't you tell me what's wrong? Please?" She asked, suddenly sounding serious. I looked over at her, my vision blurry for a split second.
"I know something happened, it always does. But.. This time it's different, you seem spooked almost." She said, grabbing my hand.
"It's okay, I'm here. Just.. Tell me—" Before she could finished her sentence, I jerked my hand away from her grasp and frowned. I stood up quickly, almost falling off.
"I'm going back." I said before walking off towards the door for the stairs. I heard [Y/N] sigh as I left, walking back to the school. No one saw me, luckily. I went back into my dorm and started lifting small weights, working on exercise and homework. Then the bell rang.